Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Masters of the Universe Film  (Read 4006 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 12:45:26 AM »

Yeah, Anthony DeLongis not only played Blade, he was the sword fight coordinator for the film.  Aside from playing Blade, DeLongis also played Skeletor for the final fight with He-Man.

I agree, the original Masters of the Universe is far from perfect.  Still, like Darth Tepes, I love it for what it is.  It will be interesting to see what they do this time around.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 01:39:43 AM »

Nice collection, really nice!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 07:19:35 PM »

While I can definitely see whats wrong with it, I still love the live action film for what it is.  Knowing the studio kept slashing the budget helps to forgive it to  (Battle Cat, She-Ra, Orko, a Floating Castle Greyskull and a 5 minute sword fight between Skeletor and He-Man were some of the things cut).  Here is a fun fact, the actor who played Blade is Anthony DeLongis, an accomplished sword master known for his work on Highlander: The Series as well as many other films and tv.

For a long time McG was attached to the new film, he directed Terminator Salvation and Charlies Angels....   But he is no longer part of it and David Goyer is writing it as we speak..which I am hesitant about.      

I have a love hate with the 2000 series...they got some stuff right then screwed other stuff up.  I can not forgive that "sword".   By far my favorite addition to the lore given by the 2000 series was King Greyskull...which if he is in the film needs to be played by Dolph Lundgren  Tongue

LOL I actually liked that sword better than the one in the original series. It looked, to me, like something that the most powerful man would wield.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 01:10:34 AM »

LOL I actually liked that sword better than the one in the original series. It looked, to me, like something that the most powerful man would wield.

To each their own, but to me it looked like something someone with no understand of what a sword is designed it.  Everything from its structure to its mechanical nature...all of it was just....bad.  Its not even a matter of weight (even though its a factor) but weight distribution.  It would perform like a club instead of a sword.  Then there is just the aesthetic of it...you have this barbarian character...with this stupid mechanical sword that is supposed to be ancient.  The classic I loved because it was simple, as artifacts of power usually are, yet unique.  It would also take very few tweaks to make it usable in reality.  I guess we all have those areas we can not let go of even in fantasy.  Liek those that dislike the science in star wars,  Swords and Swordsmanship are ming.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: