Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello everyone! I've made my first order!  (Read 5983 times)
Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« on: May 02, 2017, 04:34:15 AM »

Hey saber fans, padawans, and Jedi masters! I'm Jim and I just placed my first order! To start off I just want to say that this community is so rad and I'm beyond excited to meet you guys and receive my first saber! Here we go!!!

I've been researching light sabers for about 3 months and after a lot of careful dilleberation I decided ultrasabers is the right company and community for me! So when I went to purchase my first saber I had no intention of skimping out because of cost. I wanted the genuine article! A beautiful hilt that had killer light and killer sound. So forum members, I ask of you, I want your honest opinions! I want the good and the nitty gritty. Tell me what you like, dislike, love, or even hate about the saber I chose. HERE, ARE THE SPECS:

Manticore CE with high profile pommel and nickel finish
Obsidian V4 soundboard
Lithium ion setup with buckpuck
No recharge port
Red illuminated silver AV switch
Quick disconnect? Hell yes!
Covertec wheel rear of AV switch near the pommel (standard placement) silver
Blade color Bane's Heart with silver flash on clash
standard blade plug
Ultraedge mid grade blade with a pointed tip
No stand, no usb cable: (I already have a mini USB and am working on building my own custom stand!

So There you have it! Sorry if I forgot anything! I would love if you guys could help hype me up and help provide necessary information to a first time user. I'm sure there are a lot of things to know that I can learn from you!

Thanks all of you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Have a MIGHTYFINE day! Jim out!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 04:58:38 AM »

Welcome here Shimmy_Jim!  And more importantly congrats on your new Manticore!

First off a fully MHS hilt - BOOM.

BH with silver flash will be stunning.

V4 sound is powerful and versatile, especially with the mute feature.

An UE blade will do well to show off the blade color, but I also think a midgrade would do the same but give it a slightly different look - all good though.

And oh the Manticore - so much love for this lightsaber, not one I'd choose but the CE finish is special and you will be impressed.

Woo hoo!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 05:21:00 AM »

Thank you so much for your kind words and response!
I am "over the moon" about my order.
I keep talking about it to my girlfriend and I've asked her to help me film my unboxing video and review video for YouTube and she is convinced that I'm going to cry when I fire it up!

Haha. I don't think I'll loose it! But this is something very dear to my heart and emotional.
As corny as it sounds, Star Wars has always been very important to me and the thought of getting a personalized light saber is a dream come true.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 07:45:41 AM »

welcome to the forums.

yes, your 1st mhs sound saber will put you in awe. delivery time will impress you and the community here will make you feel like family.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 09:47:51 AM »

Welcome Shimmy_Jim! Way to go on choosing Ultrasabers! You've definitely taken the best path.  Cool

I have almost that exact saber with Bane's Heart, quick disconnects, high profile pommel, Obsidian V4 sound right down to the red illuminated AV switch, except mine is black with a silver bezel, so I say 👍👍 for the saber you choose!!

The nickel finish is extraordinary and has a deeper shine that the polished aluminum, something you have to behold in person to truly appreciate, so you're in for a treat there  Wink

I'll be honest that I am still not sure I like Bane's Heart with a red illuminated AV switch because in my mind I keep thinking "Valentine's Day", so I'll be interested to hear how you like yours. Personally, I'm thinking of sending mine in to have the AV switch swapped with a yellow, white or blue illuminated AV switch.

Ultraedge blades are my favorite blade types, and I think they're an all around best choice for most colors. They really make best use of the LED making the fullest, most consistent looking blade.

Lastly, like Haz said having an MHS compatible pommel and emitter adds so much versatility, but there are few  nickel finish options, so the only other choice are black MHS parts. Not really a negative about the Manticore just the lack of parts with a nickel finish in general.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, it's such a regal looking hilt and I look forward to the video review you'll be sharing later. I think your gf might just be right, do prepare yourself  Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 11:19:21 AM »

Welcome and congratulations on your first order! That all will look amazing!

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »

Hello Shimmy_Jim, and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

I have the Manticore on my list to get. I too jump all the way in with my first order of two Ravens.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 05:26:17 PM »

Hey saber fans, padawans, and Jedi masters! I'm Jim and I just placed my first order! To start off I just want to say that this community is so rad and I'm beyond excited to meet you guys and receive my first saber! Here we go!!!

I've been researching light sabers for about 3 months and after a lot of careful dilleberation I decided ultrasabers is the right company and community for me! So when I went to purchase my first saber I had no intention of skimping out because of cost. I wanted the genuine article! A beautiful hilt that had killer light and killer sound. So forum members, I ask of you, I want your honest opinions! I want the good and the nitty gritty. Tell me what you like, dislike, love, or even hate about the saber I chose. HERE, ARE THE SPECS:

Manticore CE with high profile pommel and nickel finish
Obsidian V4 soundboard
Lithium ion setup with buckpuck
No recharge port
Red illuminated silver AV switch
Quick disconnect? Hell yes!
Covertec wheel rear of AV switch near the pommel (standard placement) silver
Blade color Bane's Heart with silver flash on clash
standard blade plug
Ultraedge mid grade blade with a pointed tip
No stand, no usb cable: (I already have a mini USB and am working on building my own custom stand!

So There you have it! Sorry if I forgot anything! I would love if you guys could help hype me up and help provide necessary information to a first time user. I'm sure there are a lot of things to know that I can learn from you!

Thanks all of you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Have a MIGHTYFINE day! Jim out!

Hello and welcome  Smiley  First off: great saber choice^^  I'd love to see your custom stand (right now my lightsaber stand is...my nightboard by my bed  Tongue  As has been stated: the forum community is both helpful and informative  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 06:58:22 PM »

Welcome. I do not yet have one, but from what I've heard, the Manticore is an extremely well liked and respected saber design. Pictures are always welcome. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The only thing we ask is that you first use the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass) to make sure that the questions has not already been asked and answered. If you cannot find the answers, than go ahead and ask. Someone will quickly come along with either answers, or links of where to find the answers.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »

Welcome Shimmy_Jim! Way to go on choosing Ultrasabers! You've definitely taken the best path.  Cool

I have almost that exact saber with Bane's Heart, quick disconnects, high profile pommel, Obsidian V4 sound right down to the red illuminated AV switch, except mine is black with a silver bezel, so I say 👍👍 for the saber you choose!!

The nickel finish is extraordinary and has a deeper shine that the polished aluminum, something you have to behold in person to truly appreciate, so you're in for a treat there  Wink

I'll be honest that I am still not sure I like Bane's Heart with a red illuminated AV switch because in my mind I keep thinking "Valentine's Day", so I'll be interested to hear how you like yours. Personally, I'm thinking of sending mine in to have the AV switch swapped with a yellow, white or blue illuminated AV switch.

Ultraedge blades are my favorite blade types, and I think they're an all around best choice for most colors. They really make best use of the LED making the fullest, most consistent looking blade.

Lastly, like Haz said having an MHS compatible pommel and emitter adds so much versatility, but there are few  nickel finish options, so the only other choice are black MHS parts. Not really a negative about the Manticore just the lack of parts with a nickel finish in general.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, it's such a regal looking hilt and I look forward to the video review you'll be sharing later. I think your gf might just be right, do prepare yourself  Grin

Yeah! I had a weird moment where I was considering emerald green with a red av switch and realized that it was going to remind me too much of Christmas! I'll have to see if I get the Valentine's Day impression once it shows up!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 08:42:02 PM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction my friend,  I do not own the Manticore currently, but it looks most impressive!! Can't wait to see the pics! MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 09:52:53 PM »

Welcome! The Manticore is one of my favourite hilts - gorgeous, and looks great in any colour. Good call with the quick disconnects, too Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »

Yeah! I had a weird moment where I was considering emerald green with a red av switch and realized that it was going to remind me too much of Christmas! I'll have to see if I get the Valentine's Day impression once it shows up!
I actually think Emerald Green is blue enough that it doesn't look "Christmas-y" at all with a red illuminated AV switch.  Consular Green - that's a different story. As JC mentioned, very good call getting Quick Disconnects, as you can easily swap it out. Blazing Red, and especially Tri Blazing Red (if you don't mind not having Flash on Clash) looks especially sharp on the Manticore CE with a red illuminated AV switch.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 02:24:13 AM »

You guys have been so rad and welcoming! Grin Thank you! Yeah, I'm really glad I chose the red av switch and really really glad that I opted for the quick disconnect feature. I'm definitely going to want to try out some more colors and checkout a tri cre as well.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 04:43:10 AM »

The red illuminated switch is by far my favourite with, hmmm, yellow my second fav.  The red is so rich and pretty - and I used to be focused on the switch matching the blade color (still awesome) but now I really enjoy a mismatch or contrast between the two.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: