Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emperor's Hand Diamond Saber - Unleash the Power!  (Read 2749 times)
Vervidian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 80

"This is madness."

« on: May 02, 2017, 03:12:43 PM »

Greetings Fellow Jedi, and Accursed Dark Side Users,

At newcomer Darth_Raki's request (among others), here are some photos of my new Diamond Emperor's Hand.  More complete review to follow in this thread (eventually, give me time.)

Unlit, for hilt detail.  My favorite thing about this saber is the angled activation box.  Not only does it rest with just enough room for my thumb on one side and fingers on the other - it ensures a consistent position in my hand for gesture recognition, too!  How cool is that?

Ignited and pulsing to Pyrestone Orange.  I would compare this blade color to a bottle of Sunkist orange soda in person.

Pulsing back to Sentinel Yellow - but, washed out a bit by my taupe painted wall.

The green AV switch - a nice touch on an already impressive hilt.

Enjoy, saber fans!

Jedi Sentinel Vervidian

Armory:
Emperor's Hand - Diamond RGBA
Catalyst - Diamond RGBW (Mrs. Verv's)
Sentinel LE v4 stunt - Guardian Blue - Mainhand Battle Saber
Sentinel v4 stunt - Consular Green ***raffle prize*** - Offhand Battle Saber
Initiate LE v2 - Guardian Blue (Lil Verv's)
2 stunt sabers as gifts - CG Prophecy, FO Tri-Cree Dominix

I feel the light side calling me!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 09:52:10 PM »

Ooh, pretty.... Looks good.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 10:06:43 PM »

At newcomer Darth_Raki's request (among others), here are some photos of my new Diamond Emperor's Hand.  More complete review to follow in this thread (eventually, give me time.)

Unlit, for hilt detail.  My favorite thing about this saber is the angled activation box.  Not only does it rest with just enough room for my thumb on one side and fingers on the other - it ensures a consistent position in my hand for gesture recognition, too!  How cool is that?

Ignited and pulsing to Pyrestone Orange.  I would compare this blade color to a bottle of Sunkist orange soda in person.

Pulsing back to Sentinel Yellow - but, washed out a bit by my taupe painted wall.

Enjoy, saber fans!

Jedi Sentinel Vervidian

Awesome saber & pics, Vervidian!  The Emperor's Hand looks substantive; have you tried spinning, combat, etc?  If so, how does it handle?  Thanks again for sharing^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth_Raki
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 11:58:05 PM »

Nice!!

Looks good with that black/green av switch!
I shoulda pulled the trigger on a silver/red switch.
What color you liking the most on that hilt?

Vervidian
Knight Officer

"This is madness."

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 12:48:32 AM »

Awesome saber & pics, Vervidian!  The Emperor's Hand looks substantive; have you tried spinning, combat, etc?  If so, how does it handle?  Thanks again for sharing^^

Thanks, TheDutchman!  While it is wider around, I find that with a UE midgrade, it handles light/medium combat well.  I would argue it is a better one handed saber than my sentinels, even, because the length is shorter and the balance is towards the pommel.  (Partly due to addition of sound and board weight, I assume.  I don't spin like a pro, but it handles figure rights and obi-ani spins just fine!  A bonus that I hadn't considered before holding it is that the large emitter "moat" and fins provide some hand protection from close strikes or slides. 

Armory:

Vervidian
Knight Officer

"This is madness."

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 12:52:17 AM »

Nice!!

Looks good with that black/green av switch!
I shoulda pulled the trigger on a silver/red switch.
What color you liking the most on that hilt?

My faves are: custom gold/yellow with flicker, arctic blue, and pyrestone orange.  Surprising fave FOC color?  Bane's heart!  Also Amber looks good as an effect or just straight on the mute font default.

Armory:

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 04:18:46 PM »

Thanks, TheDutchman!  While it is wider around, I find that with a UE midgrade, it handles light/medium combat well.  I would argue it is a better one handed saber than my sentinels, even, because the length is shorter and the balance is towards the pommel.  (Partly due to addition of sound and board weight, I assume.  I don't spin like a pro, but it handles figure rights and obi-ani spins just fine!  A bonus that I hadn't considered before holding it is that the large emitter "moat" and fins provide some hand protection from close strikes or slides. 
Great info, Vervidian; very informative  Smiley  Thanks to your review, now I'm certain that I've got to get this fantastic saber  Wink  /sigh Choices....

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

forcesaber12
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Frequenter of Saber Combat. Mace Windu Forever!

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »

Enjoy, saber fans!

Jedi Sentinel Vervidian

Thanks for the awesome review! I have been eyeing this saber for a while now and this gave me all the info I need. One thing though: Do you think it would make a good SaberStaff?

~Forcesaber12

If you destroy me, I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine.

Vervidian
Knight Officer

"This is madness."

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 01:02:56 AM »

Take my reply as just an opinion, as I own no couplers/extensions, but I would assume that the more basic combat hilts like the Initiate, Sentinel, and Aeon would make better saber staffs.  I am assuming you mean a single blade with an extension piece, as opposed to a double-bladed Maul-style saber.  The lower grip area seems to terminate the design, and any swapped in perks I've seen pictures of seem "contrived" and not natural to the design, but that is my personal taste.  On the functional side, a narrower grip like the sentinel may allow for more rapid spinning attacks.  My two cents!

Armory:

forcesaber12
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Frequenter of Saber Combat. Mace Windu Forever!

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 08:52:56 PM »

Take my reply as just an opinion, as I own no couplers/extensions, but I would assume that the more basic combat hilts like the Initiate, Sentinel, and Aeon would make better saber staffs.  I am assuming you mean a single blade with an extension piece, as opposed to a double-bladed Maul-style saber.  The lower grip area seems to terminate the design, and any swapped in perks I've seen pictures of seem "contrived" and not natural to the design, but that is my personal taste.  On the functional side, a narrower grip like the sentinel may allow for more rapid spinning attacks.  My two cents!

I was thinking more of a Maul-Type saber. Any info on that? Thanks!

If you destroy me, I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine.

Vervidian
Knight Officer

"This is madness."

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »

I was thinking more of a Maul-Type saber. Any info on that? Thanks!

For a functional saber staff, I'd want either two dominix/aeon or two sentinels.  For a display piece, I'd prefer two Menaces or two Shocks over double any-character-hilts.  That's what works in my imagination at least, I don't own a double-bladed saber.

Armory:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: