Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Differnt colored hilts  (Read 1040 times)
Yodaman20000
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: May 03, 2017, 03:16:32 AM »

I understand  that most of the hilts come in black, silver, polished sliver, and/or all three, and the blue/red.  To me there should be a custom hilt color option then there can be a uniqueness to the customer. Im not complaining or anything just would like to see something different there could use something creative to the hilt im sure someone feels the same way there would be some crazy great ideas out there that someone would come up with.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 04:42:10 AM »

You can always paint it or have it powder coated.

Customized finishes sound good at first, until you realize that Ultra Sabers' machine shop would be busy doing nothing else.  Everyone would want special sabers, and even normal orders would suffer from hilt shortages.  It would start taking weeks, even months for orders to start going out, rather than the few days it takes now.  This is what some saber smiths do, and they do nothing but custom orders and take months to get orders out.

With the customization options Ultra Sabers offers, you can still get a unique saber.  Most US hilts are offered in multiple finishes.  Also, nearly all of them have pommels that can be swapped out for another.  Some even have swappable emitters.  All of them have multiple switch options and, of course, the blade colors can be customized.  These options allow you to create a saber that's unique to you, but that can also be built and shipped in a few days.  And you can always customize it further once you have it, many people do.

Yodaman20000
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 03:33:15 AM »

You can always have another crew fo the custom sabers and have the original crew do the sabers that are listed on the website then it would be somewhat smooth and everything will get out on time

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:32:54 AM »

You can always have another crew fo the custom sabers and have the original crew do the sabers that are listed on the website then it would be somewhat smooth and everything will get out on time

Easier said than done. It would hurt their business more than help it. It really isn't even a large demand either, in my 5 years of business with Ultrasabers, this is the first time I've ever seen that kind of request/desire.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:08:13 AM »

All of their hilts are anodized. A decent DIY anodizing setup is $450+. So, you can certainly buy an empty silver hilt and make it whatever color you want. Then send it back for electronics, or of course, do that yourself as well. There's easily enough information here in the forums to do it, including all the wiring diagrams you'll ever need.

Yes. And have to raise prices to be able to pay for the extra crew.

US's business is based on four things: Quality, very fast turn around time, reasonable prices, and excellent customer service. Unless there is equal or greater demand for the custom colors as there is for the standard offerings, then their prices on all products would have to be increased. So two of the four cornerstones of US's business model, price and turn time, would be compromised.

Plus, they're under A LOT of water, so I think their focus is definitely elsewhere at the moment.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 03:13:08 AM »

If you really want an example of how having a lot of options per hilt can hurt things like turn around, look at some of the other guys.
US gets sabers out in DAYS if they're in stock.
The other guys can take WEEKS or MONTHS because of custom options

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 06:32:06 AM »

Would cost way too much money to hire another crew for custom colors. Either the colors would be way too costly that nobody would order, or would drive prices up across the board.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: