Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Diamond Emperor's Hand  (Read 1553 times)
Darth_Raki
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -5

« on: May 06, 2017, 12:59:33 AM »

First ever Ultrasaber just came in today. Went with the emp hand in diamond rgbw.
Wow this is more than I expected.. the quality is top notch.
The diamond controller is a bit of a pain but I wanted to be able to change blade color without having to connect to a computer. At first it was frustrating trying to get it to the menu, but I got the motions down from 10 tries to 1 maybe two. At first I was holding it with the tip pointing up in a normal hold position. I find it easier to hold it as horizontal as possible works best, think of it as if you're​ taking out all of your money and handing it over to US and twisting your wrist.  Grin and I plan on giving them more. Wink

I forgot to have them turn off the swing feature that makes it pulse to blue and red (I think.. more in that in a bit)

But other than that and the fact that my red LED isn't working, everything else is great.
I read somewhere on here that it might not work if the battery needs a charge so I hope that's all that's wrong with it. I tried it it right out of the box as I'm sure all of us here do. So it'll go on the charger tonight.

I had them set it up to emerald green with a SRD flicker.
Here's some pics for yall

I really want to swap this button cover out to a gold button. If anybody has any info on how or where to get let me know please.

Oh and Happy drinko de mayo! Cheers to ultrasabers!

Vervidian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 80

"This is madness."

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 08:55:26 PM »

Darth Raki,

Great pictures - and nice selections on this ultimate lightsaber.  I'm concerned on your behalf regarding that red LED, but hopefully it is all good.

I also saw the black disk insert and thought to myself: "If I was going to customize one thing, pretty sure it is that!"  It looks fine as-is, but I could imagine a number of good replacements... a large brass button, a gunmetal etched letter or a jewel set in some kind of bezel come to mind.

Enjoy the new prized possession!

Jedi Sentinel Vervidian

Armory:
Emperor's Hand - Diamond RGBA
Catalyst - Diamond RGBW (Mrs. Verv's)
Sentinel LE v4 stunt - Guardian Blue - Mainhand Battle Saber
Sentinel v4 stunt - Consular Green ***raffle prize*** - Offhand Battle Saber
Initiate LE v2 - Guardian Blue (Lil Verv's)
2 stunt sabers as gifts - CG Prophecy, FO Tri-Cree Dominix

I feel the light side calling me!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 09:03:04 PM »

Very nice for sure. I like the Emperor's Hand. Are the emitter grips weird to grip at all though? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth_Raki
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »

Unfortunately it is going back to US this Monday.
Charging the batteries did nothing to make the red LED turn on so they've asked me to send it back. Real pain that shipping it back is coming out of my pocket but what can I do?
No orange, red, yellow or VA channels working.  They just show up blue or green.  Angry
Really disappointing that it left the factory like that. It was packed perfectly so I doubt it was moving around enough go mess with the internal LEDs.

As for the emitter grips.. yeah they're uncomfortable to hold but the way it's balanced the chokepoint right under the emitter is perfect. Easy one hand hilt for sure.

Vervidian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 80

"This is madness."

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »

Unfortunately it is going back to US this Monday.
Charging the batteries did nothing to make the red LED turn on so they've asked me to send it back. Real pain that shipping it back is coming out of my pocket but what can I do?
No orange, red, yellow or VA channels working.  They just show up blue or green.  Angry
Really disappointing that it left the factory like that. It was packed perfectly so I doubt it was moving around enough go mess with the internal LEDs.

As for the emitter grips.. yeah they're uncomfortable to hold but the way it's balanced the chokepoint right under the emitter is perfect. Easy one hand hilt for sure.

What a bummer, Darth Raki!  I can't debug sight-unseen, but as an electronics engineer, I can imagine lots of failure paths... my best guesses would be:

1) Wire harness pinch or fractured solder joint (electrical open) leading to poor/no contact - could have worsened during handling shocks on the FedEx truck...
2) Infant failure of LED die (that would be LED supplier's fault, not so much Ultra sabers')... low odds that it failed from QA to your door, but who knows?
3) surface mount component on diamond board with poor solder - this could possibly worsen due to environmental shock (a hot truck, for example)

Hope they fix it quick!  May the k*q1*q2/r^2 be with you!

Jedi Sentinel Vervidian

Armory:
Emperor's Hand - Diamond RGBA
Catalyst - Diamond RGBW (Mrs. Verv's)
Sentinel LE v4 stunt - Guardian Blue - Mainhand Battle Saber
Sentinel v4 stunt - Consular Green ***raffle prize*** - Offhand Battle Saber
Initiate LE v2 - Guardian Blue (Lil Verv's)
2 stunt sabers as gifts - CG Prophecy, FO Tri-Cree Dominix

I feel the light side calling me!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: