Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Fan Expo 2017 - pic heavy  (Read 5234 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« on: May 07, 2017, 03:36:10 AM »

Here's some pics from my first Con with my kids and my lovely wife behind the camera capturing the day for us Smiley

A few pics of the floor.

Found a VR station and my son refused to let me touch him cause he didn't wanna "fall" over the edge lol!

A chapter of the 501st and the Mado Mercs were there - they were awesome.  Any pics of Mando's or Tuskin Raiders is from that group.

This fine lady is the one who made my Robe for me Grin  She had her own booth and makes custom cosplay aprons.

My crew ...

I innocently walked up to these guys then drew my lightsaber and pretended to cut off all their heads, it was friendly before that Tongue

There were a few other US in the crowd, by far ours were the greatest and brightest.

Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 04:56:25 AM »

Awesome pics, brother.  That looks like it was a really fun con.  Those are some fantastic costumes.  I especially like that Bumblebee costume.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 05:27:05 AM »

Look'n good Haz, fun family day . . . And for some reason, The stand out is your daughters shoes, very cool  Cool

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 05:43:20 AM »

Nice. Hopefully I'll be able to hit up Dragon Con this year and maybe meet some of you guys Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 09:44:14 AM »

Very cool pics haz!!

Looks like you had a blast. Smiley 

Love the costumes, and some of the props!!  Shocked Shocked  A turret? A TIE interceptor?!  Excellent!

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 12:43:39 PM »

OMG Has those are some BOMB pics🙌. I love how your family just goes with the flow; looks like an AWESOME experience Wink. Your Jedi robes look fantastic!  Heh, I remember when RotJ came out as a kid; I would've LOVED the life sized TIE interceptor Shocked  Again: awesome pics; thanks for sharing Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 03:24:44 PM »

Here's some pics from my first Con with my kids and my lovely wife behind the camera capturing the day for us Smiley

A few pics of the floor.

Smiley

Finally... a man and great Jedi that actually listens to me and follows my directions !!  Grin

Thanks so much for sharing all these wonderful photos.  Would have enjoyed seeing Mo in at least one but then again with your gorgeous/handsome family, seeing your wife may have been too much to take in all at once.  Wink

Those colorful sneakers... must try to get a slightly more grown up version.  You looked like you had a really fun time.  Green bladed sabers really do suit you and I so like your daughter's hot pink.  Next year I'm going to a convention for sure.  The raider person standing next to you is about right for me covering up and being anonymous... perhaps a tad over the top.  lol.  Cheesy

point  Cool

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 08:56:46 PM »

Ha thanks everyone. It was +31C out and I was more uncomfortable than I've been in a long time because of it. This was my first long run with my boots and after 4hrs my feet were getting taxed.

My daughters shoes however - just awesome on her and sooooo cute! She's also rockin some Doc Mcstuffins fingerless gloves too, they made her feel sporty Cheesy

The whole event was fun, and I felt right at home dressed up and struck up conversations about costume pieces, lightsabers, Star Wars ... it was cool. And those who didn't dress up did well to appreciate those who did. Would've been even more fun if a lot more people dressed up - it made the atmosphere.

Notable appearances were William Shatner, Bruce Boxleitner, Bret Hart and some famous guy from Walking Dead Smiley amongst a few others.

Took in some panel discussions and Q&A sessions which was entertaining.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 07:36:24 AM »

Dude!  That Interceptor is awesome!  I'd have flipped over that!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 09:26:31 AM »

This just kind of struck me.

FanExpo - isn't that our national event in Toronto?

Maybe it's a provincial thing?  O_o

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 02:39:24 PM »

Dude!  That Interceptor is awesome!  I'd have flipped over that!

It was really well done and for sure the most impressive display there.  For what's probably the one of the smallest Cons in the country I was amazed to see it.

This just kind of struck me.

FanExpo - isn't that our national event in Toronto?

Maybe it's a provincial thing?  O_o

I know the Calgary and Edmonton ones were on before this one and they're both referred to as Con Expo's so I think it's pretty consistent across the board.  Some of the vendors I spoke to said they were from Toronto area, that's pretty far to go to attend Western Con's.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 04:44:34 PM »

Didn't quite picture you bearded.....or tall. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 06:55:03 PM »

Didn't quite picture you bearded.....or tall. Tongue

Mwahahaha! Actually, I usually don't have a full fledged beard goin on - sometimes it's just laziness letting it grow. But I also wanted that obi-wan / Jedi master look Smiley

And for height I'm 6'6", it really shows standing amoung those mandelorians Tongue

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 07:09:30 PM »

Awesome stuff man!
I'll be hitting a local convention in November - perhaps I'll share some pictures too.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 07:35:55 PM »

I like that Tuskan Raider!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: