Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pulse or No Pulse  (Read 4574 times)
Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 09:17:00 PM »

Personally, I think pulse and flicker go so very far towards making a saber look more like a living blade of energy than a glowstick. Not everyone may agree, but for me, the effect is worth a lot.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 11:42:24 PM »

Personally, I think pulse and flicker go so very far towards making a saber look more like a living blade of energy than a glowstick. Not everyone may agree, but for me, the effect is worth a lot.

I ageee. I think for long term  it's better to get a great saber than an ok saber, and consolidate spending

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »

I've said similar things on here before and I can tell you not everyone agrees like us. For example I would never buy V3 sound when I can have so many options with V4 for $10 more. I would rather get my saber with as many options as possible and buy less sabers then have a bunch that make me wish I added something else to them.  That being said I would still like to get a stunt some time.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 01:45:44 AM »

I've said similar things on here before and I can tell you not everyone agrees like us. For example I would never buy V3 sound when I can have so many options with V4 for $10 more. I would rather get my saber with as many options as possible and buy less sabers then have a bunch that make me wish I added something else to them.  That being said I would still like to get a stunt some time.

Stunts are great if you duel or spin a lot. If some wiring breaks, it's not as big a let down. My 4 stunts are for me, my boys, my friends, my wife, passers-by on Halloween, the couch, the floor, my leg, the laptop (only once), the ceiling, my bed...

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Croft
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 28

Saber: Lost Cray (was the Lost Gray)

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 11:01:56 PM »

Hmmm, so much food for thought.
Hi Akacen how's things, sorry haven't been more communicative.
One of these day's.

Croft  Grin

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 08:54:52 PM »

That's what I was thinking, read where you adjust the pulse and it looks awesome.
Kinda wish I'd done this on my Lost Cray.

Thanks for your  input.

Croft  Grin

how do you like the lost grey?

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 08:56:21 PM »

I agree! I would love to have a blade that had a flicker, but honestly didn't care about any of the other color changing and blending features. So I ended up just getting the V4 soundboard and quick disconnects added for swapping out LED modules to change color if for some reason I ever felt like it. I couldn't rationalize the cost of getting a diamond saber when the only thing I really wanted from it was blade flicker! Haha.

surely being able to change to one of ten colours at the flick of a wrist is another reason? Wink

Croft
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 28

Saber: Lost Cray (was the Lost Gray)

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 01:47:32 AM »

Kooky, I like my Lost Cray (I call the Lost Cray because I changed the pommel, it's no longer a Lost Grey, but a Lost Cray)

When I saw first hand from another US enthusiast, I knew it would be my first. A little wide for spinning, but I'm working on it. I like to practice with it. I made a wall holder and will post pics soon, need to find a way to hide the cord for the recharge port, so if I want turn it on I can.

Croft  Grin

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 07:38:15 PM »

Kooky, I like my Lost Cray (I call the Lost Cray because I changed the pommel, it's no longer a Lost Grey, but a Lost Cray)

When I saw first hand from another US enthusiast, I knew it would be my first. A little wide for spinning, but I'm working on it. I like to practice with it. I made a wall holder and will post pics soon, need to find a way to hide the cord for the recharge port, so if I want turn it on I can.

Croft  Grin

Cool , i wouldn't be using mine for spinning much so that would not bother me too much . thanks for the reply

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: