Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Changing LED from Blazing red to Violet amethyst questions  (Read 1139 times)
Abigorish
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« on: May 09, 2017, 12:05:46 AM »

Hello everyone!

So quick back story, recently my dark initiate V2 stunt saber has stopped working. I took the guts out and noticed that a wire was disconnected from the switch. Easy fix...weeeell my need to tinker arose, and knowing how much my daughter loved using it, I decided that I wanted to switch the blazing red for a violet amethyst LED for her as a surprise. 

I ordered a new switch and the new LED. upon receiving the order I noticed that the new VA LED had 4 wires (2blk, 2red), and the blazing red only has two wires (1blk, 1red).

This is the current setup. Sorry it's so sloppy, I just laid everything out quickly so I could remember the wiring.

My question is how do i wire the new LED? As you can see in the photo the current LED has two wires while the new one has 4 (not shown). Is there any change in how it's wired? Do I use all 4 wires or just 2? I feel like all 4 are necessary, so if that's the case what part do I need to add to make it all work correctly?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Sabers I own: Dark Initiate V3 - BR, Bellicose - SRD, Malice - GB w/ AG FoA

Sabers I want: Dark Prophecy - BR or SRD, Shock - VA

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 12:15:27 AM »

The reason for the extra two wires is VA is made up of two different leds to make the purple. You will have to wire up both the black wires together and then the red wires together.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Abigorish
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 12:34:53 AM »

The reason for the extra two wires is VA is made up of two different leds to make the purple. You will have to wire up both the black wires together and then the red wires together.

Okay awesome! That's what I figured and hoped for! Thank you!

Sabers I own: Dark Initiate V3 - BR, Bellicose - SRD, Malice - GB w/ AG FoA

Sabers I want: Dark Prophecy - BR or SRD, Shock - VA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: