Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: on a hunt for the pre visla dark saber sound font.  (Read 4629 times)
Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« on: May 10, 2017, 01:58:01 AM »

I've been hunting around for a while now in the forum for a download link to get the dark saber sound font.
i'll admit I'm a bit of a newbie at this, and i didn't want to have to start a new topic, as i understand its frowned upon if there is already a similar post somewhere but i can't seem to locate one with the search function.
the original dropbox links have expired.

If anybody has this sound font it would mean so much to me if you could share it with me or point me in the right direction.
i watched a video where it was demoed and its an awesome font regardless of what peoples opinions are on the dark saber, i just think it sounds really cool.

if I've violated any internet etiquette please let me know as i'd like to learn and become a better contributor and member of this forum.
so far you guys have been nothing but kind and helpful so thank you.

Let me know where i can find this font fellow jedi!!!! you're my only hope!

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 02:38:16 AM »

I believe I reuploafed the original, and made an updated version. If you can't find that thread let me know and I'll link it here.

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 03:11:15 AM »

I believe I reuploafed the original, and made an updated version. If you can't find that thread let me know and I'll link it here.

Looked around. Couldn't seem to find it.
Would highly appreciate it if you wouldn't mind taking the time posting a link here. Please! haha.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 03:13:43 AM »

Looked around. Couldn't seem to find it.
Would highly appreciate it if you wouldn't mind taking the time posting a link here. Please! haha.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c8s0ruqlmeevwlq/AABBdn8ptAcbTWZrREo5XJXFa?dl=0  Smiley

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 03:30:06 AM »

Dark Side points awarded!! thanks, that was really amazing of you. while I have your help would you mind telling me what file format i need in order to use these sounds with the obsidian launcher. I'm used to wave files, as they are standard audio files but I've also downloaded a couple other fonts that are saved as .Isu files. I'm using a mac and i want to make sure i have everything saved in the correct format before i begin changing fonts.

If this is regularly discussed elsewhere you could just let me know and I'll be on my way, but if you don't mind pointing me in the right direction I would appreciate that as well.

regardless, thank you so much!!!! you've really made my day!

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 03:33:20 AM »

No worries, we're here to help. wav and lsu are interchangeable in the more recent Obsidian launchers for Obsidian v3 and v4. I've been using both formats on both soundboards with whatever was the most recent launcher from December 2015, so whatever you have now should allow wav files to work.

The launcher would automatically tell you if the files didn't work, if they were in any other format than wav/lsu 16 bit at 48000hz.

Let me know how you like the font Smiley

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 05:31:28 AM »

No worries, we're here to help. wav and lsu are interchangeable in the more recent Obsidian launchers for Obsidian v3 and v4. I've been using both formats on both soundboards with whatever was the most recent launcher from December 2015, so whatever you have now should allow wav files to work.

The launcher would automatically tell you if the files didn't work, if they were in any other format than wav/lsu 16 bit at 48000hz.

Let me know how you like the font Smiley

Hats off to you!!! The font is so rad! Thanks for taking the time to make this and help me out! Im going to have so much fun with this one!

I do have one question for you. After I selected the sounds i wanted and put the font together and put it on my saber i noticed that the clashes seemed a little quieter than the swings and hum. Is that how the font is? or did I make a little mistake somewhere along the way? Don't get me wrong man, your work is so sick, i was just wondering if the clash sounds are a bit quiet with this font.

paiyunfei
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -8

Greetings force wielders, and all other lifeforms

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 04:25:29 AM »

Greetings projectno253 & Shimmy_Jim, I've been longing for this awesome soundfont (also saw the Youtube demo but all links I could find are now dead...).  Could either of you please reupload this?  Thank you!

Lone Thunderbolt - neither Sith, nor Jedi
sabers owned:
  • Arbiter : Sentinel Yellow, Obsidian v4
  • Aeon LE v4 : Fire Orange, Obsidian lite
  • Dark Initiate v3 + extension : Sentinel Yellow, stunt
  • Aeon LE v2 : RGB, stunt
sabers sought:
  • Lost Gray - Sentinel Yellow
  • Archon 3.1 - Sunrider's Destiny
  • Bellicose - Adegan Silver
  • Catalyst - Arctic Blue
  • Sentinel LE v4 - Sentinel Yellow

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 06:31:43 PM »

Greetings projectno253 & Shimmy_Jim, I've been longing for this awesome soundfont (also saw the Youtube demo but all links I could find are now dead...).  Could either of you please reupload this?  Thank you!

Good timing to ask, since I just returned to the saberforum for the first time in a year at least. Here's the V1 font, use the LSUs because the LSUtoWAV program incorrectly pitches the WAVs down.

Included is my Darksaber V2 of the same font which just sounds better. V1's swings didn't flow into the hum.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/txj2qs5iv4ygalm/AADOeAF-fvXqKBXzgYiCnR-0a?dl=0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: