Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello from Canada (Ottawa)!  (Read 3126 times)
Bourbinours
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 6

Learning begins by realizing you know nothing.

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 01:44:16 AM »

Thank you all for your kind words and warm welcome. It is much appreciated. Glad to learn that I am not the only one from the True North strong and free!

Seblaise is right: I am indeed a French Canadian originally from la belle province de Quebec. :-) I only recently moved to the Ottawa region.

Dauntless Seven also guessed right! Considering that I spent a good part of my youth in the boy-scouts (yes you can laugh at me for that I won't be offended :-)), I have to admit that I am naturally inclined towards the light side of the force.

However, I think that Ontario shares something in common with that mysterious cave on Dagobah. Strange forces seem to be affecting me in some ways. Or maybe it is just my proximity to Ottawa city and all these politicians... :-)

But seriously, someone has to cosplay an enemy that my sons will recognize and there is no way that my wife can make a believable Asajj Ventress...or any other lightsaber wielding dark character. So I guess I have to volunteer. :-)

And thank you James Casey: I had not though to introduce the dual Menace as a self-defence tool to my wife. I am sure it will fly! ;-)

Anyway, today I looked at that wonderful Consular hilt again and suddenly thought that it may look good with a dark War Glaive pommel and emitter (with long silver claws).

I will definitely try to post pictures for you guys!

Have a nice week-end!

Consular - Emerald v4
Guardian - Emerald v4
Initiate v4 - GB

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 08:29:11 AM »

Oh fine.  Have a LS point from me as well then Bourbinours (pour "La belle province"). Wink

Dark Side = cookies/bacon.  Just sayin' Roll Eyes

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 11:46:59 AM »

Welcome.

I'm shades of grey.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Vervidian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 80

"This is madness."

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »

Bourbinours,

We stand on guard for thee!  Lots of Canucks on the forum.  I live in the states, but half my extended family lives in QC / ON.  If you need reviews in proper Canadian English, I recommend Lord Rapine and RedMileJedi among others.

Your story of dueling with your boys is heartwarming, and something I look forward to as my own grow.  I just received my first sabers with sound, and my three year old got a grab-bag Initiate v2 LE in Guardian Blue.  It is a perfect youngling saber and he strikes at me as hard as he can, laughing maniacally.  Maybe it should have been red. 

I have another youngling just learning to walk, so he'll be reaching for his brother's saber in no time.

Enjoy the duels with the kids!

Jedi Sentinel Vervidian

Armory:
Emperor's Hand - Diamond RGBA
Catalyst - Diamond RGBW (Mrs. Verv's)
Sentinel LE v4 stunt - Guardian Blue - Mainhand Battle Saber
Sentinel v4 stunt - Consular Green ***raffle prize*** - Offhand Battle Saber
Initiate LE v2 - Guardian Blue (Lil Verv's)
2 stunt sabers as gifts - CG Prophecy, FO Tri-Cree Dominix

I feel the light side calling me!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »

Have another LS point from the other side of the Ocean Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: