Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello from Canada (Ottawa)!  (Read 3130 times)
Bourbinours
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 6

Learning begins by realizing you know nothing.

« on: May 10, 2017, 05:04:50 AM »

Hello everyone!

I received my first sabers (Guardian Emerald V4 and Consular Emerald V4) yesterday and wanted to express my gratitude and introduce myself to the members of this forum.

I must admit that up until two weeks ago, I did not know anything about UltraSabers or their products. For the past few months, I have been sparring for fun with my two sons using plastic lightsabers (with some form of light and sound) bought from a retail store for $30. This has become one of our favourite activities together. As you can imagine, the "lightsabers" are now covered in duck tape to hold them together. Two weeks ago, my eldest son broke the blade of his saber in half and kindly asked me if he could get a "real lightsaber" for his birthday, which is May 31st. He specifically asked for "Obi-Wan's saber" in his duel with Darth Maul, if possible. Smiley

Long story short, I could not find any Canadian supplier for combat ready lightsabers but found UltraSabers' website. I looked at the Guardian pictures and knew that I had found what I was looking for. I was also pleased to learn that the saber could be built and delivered in time for my son's birthday. After careful consideration, I decided to go "all in" for my first purchase and buy a second saber (Consular) with the Emerald driver and V4 sound on both. I also bought additional blades of various lengths and grades.

I placed my order on the evening of May 3rd, and the sabers showed up on my doorstep in the hands of a Purolator gentlemen on the morning of May 8th. Wow! I could not believe it. I was also very pleased to find a beautiful Initiate V4 with windows and AV silver switch.

And if any other Canadian potential buyer is curious, I only paid $18 in import taxes and fees for the whole order.

I tested all three sabers and must say that their built quality, looks and "feel in the hand" have blown my mind. My only regret is that I cannot test the sabers with my sons before May 31st and must keep them hidden. Smiley

What really "closed the deal" and convinced me to make my first purchase (and to buy Emerald with sound for both sabers) was looking at some of the respectful and constructive exchanges on this forum. The love and passion that some members express on a regular basis for UltraSabers and their products was very telling for me. I also saw that the senior members take the time to help the new members by providing advice and guidance. In my opinion, this kind of generous behaviour only happens when repeat customers are genuinely happy about their purchase. So I decided to trust you guys and I am so glad I did!

I think I read somewhere that buying ultrasabers can become addictive...and for some reason I can't seem to stop thinking about a dual Menace CE staff :-).

Thank you all and have a very nice day!

Consular - Emerald v4
Guardian - Emerald v4
Initiate v4 - GB

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 05:14:58 AM »

Welcome. It's so great to hear (another) happy customer. While I have only bought 1 saber so far (even though I was given another one), I know exactly how you feel about being blown away. Not only is the quality of the hilt amazing, but the customer service and friendliness of the forums is also incredible. As you will soon see, everyone here loves seeing pictures of sabers, so feel free to post some. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. The only thing we ask is that you first use the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass) to make sure the question has not already been asked and answered. If you do not find the answers you seek, go ahead and ask. Someone will quickly come along with an answer. Also, you are so right about it being an addiction. I have had my next four sabers planned since I ordered my first one. Wink

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 07:40:47 AM »

welcome!

I would agree, we're not just a forum, we're a community with passion in a hobby we enjoy. we treat this community like family, good and bad times and personal challenges. and we think of the staff at US as part of that family as well.

so, look around, mingle with the crew and by all means....post pics.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 08:48:26 AM »

Hey ya fellow Canuck,

Welcome to the forum!

Awesome that you went for two Emeralds - excellent choices in hilts as well.  Two great ones there.

It's super cool that you're not only giving your son this amazing gift, but that you've found the BEST supplier of sabers in the galaxy (and the very best place on all of the internet too).

Collecting sabers is indeed an addiction...lol  Hang on tight.  Tongue

We'd love to see some pics of those beauties, once they're out. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »

Welcome! a dual Menace staff is definitely in your future - you owe it to yourself to pick one up, no question, to keep yourself protected against your Jedi sons Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 01:56:57 PM »

Hello Bourbinours and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

They'll take a beating also. I drop some of mine on  blacktop and concrete. Now they'll may have a scrap and ding but work fine.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 02:08:42 AM »

Hello and welcome  Smiley. Like you I had spent considerable time researching what would be my first saber purchase; likewise I also perused the saber forums as a means to help with my decision (and am I glad that I did  Wink).  I also learned that the forum community is FULL of helpful and informative people ^^  And that this will be your new addiction  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 02:32:36 AM »

Another one from Hoth Central !  Roll Eyes  

At least you are not an Ontario Sith... but what's this about a Menace Staff !!  Shocked

Okay then, welcome to the community.  You'd do well to avoid any communication with Lord Rapine, Revan Reborn and Darth Calon.  Why... just cus'.  Wink

here's your first light side Forum appreciation point from British Columbia  Cheesy

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:38 AM »

Ummmmm - D7...

Ottawa's in Ontario. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 08:58:32 AM »

Ummmmm - D7...

Ottawa's in Ontario. Tongue

She said "Ontario Sith" ... maybe Bourbinours (Love that name ... sounds great in French  Grin ) is an Ontario Jedi !!!

So Welcome Bourbinours and have another Lightside point Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 01:16:34 PM »

Welcome to the forum and awesome world of Ultrasabers Bourbinours! You are amongst friends here who share in your "new addiction". I too enjoyed dueling with my kids with toys before discovering the real deal a couple years ago. Have fun with the new sabers and would love to see some pics!
May the force be with you! Force point to you and your younglings!

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 06:45:02 PM »

Welcome to the forums, coming from Saskatchewan  Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 01:11:02 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 12:05:23 PM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction! Glad to have you with us. I think you and your sons will have a lot of fun with your new sabers! MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »

Welcome aboard.

Glad you are happy with your choices and I hope your son likes his present when he gets it. I know I like my Guardian.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: