Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Darth Vader Prophecy V3  (Read 4356 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« on: May 13, 2017, 01:42:59 AM »

Doing some work on a prophecy V3 to make a Vader saber. I've been wanting a canon red saber for a while but the replica type hilts are just too clunky and uncomfortable. I've had a prophecy before and loved it so I decided to mod one. I've got the D ring on, painted one of the knurled screws, added some wires, and painted on some black accent. Now I just need to drill a few holes for more wires and then add the T track grips I have coming from TCSS. Here it is so far. I'm not sure I like the silver lines from the AV switch, I might just do that all black.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 02:07:46 AM »

Looks pretty good there

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 04:04:55 AM »

It looks great; I can't wait to see it when you add the grips.

I'm with you, the Prophecy is MUCH more comfortable than the Chosen One.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 04:20:21 AM »

That looks awesome so far, great work.  Personally, I like the silver accents on the switch area.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 05:50:46 AM »

It looks great; I can't wait to see it when you add the grips.

I'm with you, the Prophecy is MUCH more comfortable than the Chosen One.
Looks pretty good there

Thanks guys! Yeah I like a thinner saber, and most of my other red blade sabers are fairly big, so its nice to have one thats just simple and easy to use. Adding the grips will really make this thing pop!

That looks awesome so far, great work.  Personally, I like the silver accents on the switch area.

Thanks, alright thats one vote for keeping the accents haha. I think when the grips are added that'll darken the saber up a bit and balance it out better.

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 02:40:59 PM »

I agree . . . the Silver bands on the switch area are nice.  When I clicked on it, my immediate thought was where you got a Black & Silver band like that before it fully sunk in it was a Prophecy so you painred it.

Looks good!

PS - hazard502 recently bought a Prophecy he wanted in pure Silver, so he replaced the Brass screws with some silver ones he found.  Maybe pop him an PM to see where he got them so you can have actual silver ones vs. painted Brass.  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 03:08:14 PM »

Yeah looks nice. I like the black and silver rings around the switch. I wouldn't even be able to do anything like this but now I want to thanks to you Tongue If this was a Dark Prophecy how did you get the silver areas off? My version will be different though, more Vader inspired

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 07:12:56 PM »

I agree . . . the Silver bands on the switch area are nice.  When I clicked on it, my immediate thought was where you got a Black & Silver band like that before it fully sunk in it was a Prophecy so you painred it.

Looks good!

PS - hazard502 recently bought a Prophecy he wanted in pure Silver, so he replaced the Brass screws with some silver ones he found.  Maybe pop him an PM to see where he got them so you can have actual silver ones vs. painted Brass.  Smiley

I wish I could have gotten the silver accent bands smaller but that was about the thinnest I could cut the masking tape. I'm pretty fine with the painted brass screws though. Really brass or silver would both work fine either way. Thanks for the tip though!

Yeah looks nice. I like the black and silver rings around the switch. I wouldn't even be able to do anything like this but now I want to thanks to you Tongue If this was a Dark Prophecy how did you get the silver areas off? My version will be different though, more Vader inspired

You can totally do this, it's not too difficult at all, just using some masking tape and painting two coats on. Black paint is a lot more convincing than silver paint, so its always better to put black paint onto a silver saber rather than to try to paint a black saber silver. Its a regular prophecy.

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 10:12:34 PM »

Keep the accents! Shocked Great idea. Nice work.

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 10:34:45 PM »

Sick! Shows what an amazing saber the Dark Prophecy v3 is!

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 01:42:26 AM »

Sick! Shows what an amazing saber the Dark Prophecy v3 is!
Keep the accents! Shocked Great idea. Nice work.

Thanks guys! I love the Prophecy V3 so far, its probably the smallest Ultrasaber I have but it packs in some cool style. I was considering doing one of them as an Anakin saber too eventually.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 01:57:39 AM »

Yeah JKJ that is an outstanding saber!  And I definitely agree with the general consensus: keep the silver accents  Cheesy
And I really am looking forward to seeing it once you attach the grips^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 04:34:31 AM »

Wow, this looks surprisingly like Vader's saber. Great job.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 09:18:40 PM »

Yeah JKJ that is an outstanding saber!  And I definitely agree with the general consensus: keep the silver accents  Cheesy
And I really am looking forward to seeing it once you attach the grips^^
Wow, this looks surprisingly like Vader's saber. Great job.

Thanks a bunch, I decided to darken the silver accents to make them a little more subtle, but still there, just used a sharpie on them and now it looks a lot better. The rubber grips came so I added those on, added a few more wires, and this is the result. I also cut down the grips so they wouldnt be quite as thick around I'm going to call this project finished now.

You cant really see in the pics but theres a good bit of light coming through where the wires are.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 09:34:02 PM »

That's really cool looking. I saw someone do a similar idea a while back. Looks like a fun project.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: