Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sentinel Yellow  (Read 3568 times)
tysaber
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: May 13, 2017, 03:37:34 AM »

Hey everyone, I am about to order my saber, and I am currently deciding between sentinel yellow and Tri Arctic Blue. I am getting a stunt saber so I know I have to ask for SY in the order notes. I was hoping anyone with SY, or more specifically SY for a stunt saber ultra heavy grade, could give me some feedback on what they think of it. Is it a decent shade, is it plenty bright etc. Photos are hard to tell, some just look white, some look alright, and some look kind of dim. I'm not sure if you have to ask for SY special for stunt sabers because it is not as good for that specific saber type or what. Any input will help.
Thanks guys   Cheesy

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 03:58:20 AM »

Both Sentinel Yellow and Arctic Blue are blended colors.

Ultrasabers has said they do not have a set formula for these blended colors, that the technician eyeballs it, so the exact color can vary from saber to saber.

All of the ultrasabers I've bought, in every kind of color and blade-type, have all been very bright. When you read people talking about this color/blade being dimmer or brighter than that, keep in mind these are relatively minor differences.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 04:16:25 AM »

Hey everyone, I am about to order my saber, and I am currently deciding between sentinel yellow and Tri Arctic Blue. I am getting a stunt saber so I know I have to ask for SY in the order notes. I was hoping anyone with SY, or more specifically SY for a stunt saber ultra heavy grade, could give me some feedback on what they think of it. Is it a decent shade, is it plenty bright etc. Photos are hard to tell, some just look white, some look alright, and some look kind of dim. I'm not sure if you have to ask for SY special for stunt sabers because it is not as good for that specific saber type or what. Any input will help.
Thanks guys   Cheesy

I bought a Phantasm staff in Sentinel Yellow last summer and I think it's a great shade.  Very yellow, or at least mine are.  Some people say theirs are tinted slightly towards the green side, but mine aren't.  It's all about the resistor they use on the red LED.  On a stunt, as the batteries start to die, the green LED gets less power because it requires more in the first place, so they go more towards the amber and then orange side.  A Li-Ion with a buck puck setup would eliminate this.  And, yes, it's very bright.

Unfortunately, I don't have Tri AB, so I can't comment on that.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 08:07:47 AM »

I have SY on a saber staff with sound and Li-ion. It looks great. for peak brightness I advise li-ion with a buckpuck, especially if you go tri cree.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

tysaber
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 08:57:31 PM »

I had been told that you couldn't get SY in tri cree. Is this true or can you?

Also, does anyone know why SY is a preset option for emerald or diamond sabers but not stunt sabers?
Sorry I'm a bit of a noob, I'm still very new to ultrasabers.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 09:09:26 PM »

That's right, SY isn't available as a Tri-Cree ... they were just saying Li-Ion with buckpuck would get the most out of both colours.

SY is a "forum only" colour meaning it's special order if ordered on it's own, and not available for regular selection in the store - it takes special mixing with an LED to get SY so that's why it takes extra steps to get it.

Because emerald / diamond has a colour mixing board you can mix any colour with the software and your computer making all colours readily available, including SY.

Here's the instructions to order SY -

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

tysaber
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 09:44:45 PM »

ok, so last thing, the 5 requisition charges you have to purchase, do you purchase that separately before or after you purchase the saber, like through the link they give you, or are you given the option to buy the requisitions in the process of buying the saber?

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »

This thread should give you all the answers you need to know: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

In essence, to get SY, you need to spend 10 extra dollars, and yes, you must place the $5 requisition charge in your cart as a separate item before you place your order.

First - When you are making your color selection, you MUST choose one of the "Premium" 5$ extra Colors. Such as, Violet Amethyst (VA), Arctic Blue (AB), Sunrider's Destiny (SRD)

Second - There is a $5 ADDITIONAL charge for "Forum Only" colors.  Purchase a quantity of 5 (so $5) in requisitions charges from here: http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/requisitioncharge.htm

Third - After you have made your selections and are ready to check out move to the checkout page. Here you will find a small box labeled "Order Comments", specify IN HERE that you would like to have the color chosen changed to W/E color you write in the box.

Enjoy your SY saber!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 10:36:51 PM »

This is a video showing Sentinel Yellow. It's decent bright. Shown here also features Flash on Clash.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzacEYWsVa0&amp;t=19s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzacEYWsVa0&amp;t=19s</a>

nathanielreykun
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 11:14:38 PM »

I will also attest the beauty of Sentinel Yellow--I have a staff in SY, and they're both a good color, just a bit lighter than a medium yellow. Furthermore, I ordered them about a year apart, and look exactly the same--not limeish or orangeish--so I'm confident in their consistency.

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

tysaber
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 11:55:37 PM »

Hey, thanks everybody, super helpful in a short amount of time. Thanks a lot   Grin

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 12:36:28 AM »

Theoretically you could make a tricree yellow with a cree red-orange/green/amber sort of how you can make a "Bastilla" yellow with Emerald settings on a RGBA.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 03:36:17 AM »

I will also attest the beauty of Sentinel Yellow--I have a staff in SY, and they're both a good color, just a bit lighter than a medium yellow. Furthermore, I ordered them about a year apart, and look exactly the same--not limeish or orangeish--so I'm confident in their consistency.

Wow that's amazing you got such close yellows, good stuff nathanielreykun. 

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 08:24:40 PM »

SY is extremely bright, that's why it's difficult to tell from videos XD It's a beautiful shade of bright yellow, as many people say more towards the green side, but definitely a yellow, no tinge of green can be spotted with a blade on the saber. I personally prefer amber because I like more creamy/orangey yellows, but SY next to it is MUCH brighter. I got a v4 initiate with SY for my sister, and I wish I'd kept it, the colour was beautiful :,(

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 09:18:53 PM »

Ok, so hopefully this will help. This pic is of my Sentinel in SY, stunt set up; Lithium Ion batteries and standard mid-grade blade ( not ultra-edge).
Taken during the day with the lights on. This color looks much better in the standard blades ( not ultra-edge) as do all the warm colors. In my opinion the ultra-edge blades give it and the reds and oranges a pastel look that I did not like. You could get 1 of each blade type to see which 1 you like better.Hope this helps. MYFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: