Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Customization Challenge???? Anyone interested...  (Read 29632 times)
TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« on: May 14, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »

I have a wild idea, and would like to know if there are any takers. Would anyone be interested in a Customization Challenge? Everyone would get the same basic saber, It would be one of the lower priced ones, no more then 100$, and then we would set a date to have it finished. Anything goes but it would have to be a stunt saber (no sound). Popular vote would decide the winner.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:57:51 PM »

I thought of doing a forums contest like this as well, could be really fun!

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 05:17:25 PM »

Hi.  Nice fun thought and there may have to be a few different levels of expertise and types of customization.  I can't possibly compete against Drahcir, Isola, LC, Rev, Kouri and so many others.  Roll Eyes

Perhaps it might be more doable if a stunt that one already owned was used as it can become quite costly for those of us not residing in the USA.  And the time frame would have to be at least a few months or more.

There was a super hero's saber challenge put out a while ago by Drahcir and Lord Canterbury.  I accepted the challenge on behalf of all the Canucks but have not yet started the project or even discussed it with Haz, Rev, Rapine and Calon.  Smiley

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:52:37 PM »

Customize just the outside or can the inside count? Can I put a crystal chamber inside? 😁

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 06:18:05 PM »

Don't you even think about going all fancy on me !  Angry  Wink

A crystal chamber would be super to see again.  Cheesy

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »

Customize just the outside or can the inside count? Can I put a crystal chamber inside? 😁

That may be a thing that falls into those levels D7 spoke of.  IE:  One tier is just custom electronics, another is just cosmetic mods, while a third can be full out craziness.

Of course, a challenge doesn't necessarily have to be a contest, it could just be an exhibition, much like Darth Cephalus's spin challenges.  Just a friendly "show us what you've got" kind of deal.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 08:19:05 PM »

I might be willing to participate.

I like it more as a simple challenge with no winner than a contest though - no one feels down about their work that way.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 08:42:20 PM »

I like it more as a simple challenge with no winner than a contest though - no one feels down about their work that way.

Me too.  Just a showcase of what people can do within the time frame.  Any customization from a basic paint job or weathering up to completely customizing a hilt inside and out takes talent and should be recognized.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 08:51:05 PM »

That's what I was thinking but didn't express.  SFD did a good job of explaining the concept.

I have been planning on doing an outer saber customization with my new cordless dremel on a stunt.  So when I decide upon which one... I will post the initial unchanged saber and a direct link to my thread for those who want to check in on the process and progress.  This will remind me to take pics and not delay completing it.  Wink

It's a great way to share ideas with others while we are all building our sabers.

As with my other one it may take awhile to complete as I live in an apartment where dremel sound travels quite loudly.  Smiley

point for TR  Cool

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »

I'm in Smiley

Also agree with our forum wise men (and woman) that it might be a good idea to have a couple/ few categories- outside Mods/ inside Mods/ both etc?  And def think we should do it with no 'winner' per say- tho a friendly sort of everyone chiming in who's is their favourite couldn't hurt of course. 

Haha, have to say, I'm feeling at a dissadvantage here already!  I'm so burried in priority work for others ATM, I'll have to just kinda do this quick and dirty- can't spend too much time on it.  I owe it to the people I'm working for to put their projects first- because they've been an awfully long time coming.  But that doesn't mean I can't just whip something up quick just for fun/ to participate Smiley

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 12:15:32 PM »

It sounds like we have a few takers. I agree with the panel it will just be a show of what you can do with your skills. It is also a way to learn something else and Have Fun. Now the BIG question what saber will we all be modding ?  I was thinking something on the clean side, a sort of blank canvas ( libby , standard issue)..

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »

It sounds like we have a few takers. I agree with the panel it will just be a show of what you can do with your skills. It is also a way to learn something else and Have Fun. Now the BIG question what saber will we all be modding ?  I was thinking something on the clean side, a sort of blank canvas ( libby , standard issue)..

Why would we all have to mod the same saber?  I mean, not everyone is going to like a Libby or a SI.  Or any hilt, for that matter.  Just throwing that out there.

If I have to buy a hilt, I probably won't be in, unless it's a challenge that's going to go on for at least a month or so.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 06:59:45 PM »

I am suggesting that we choose any stunt perhaps of the plainer or one piece style to design and make manifest our particular creativity.  For all to share their observations, helpful hints and appreciations.  But for those that don't have a spare stunt then a SBI and Libby are well proven good sabers or blank slates for customization.

Also suggest a 1-3 month build time as parts may need to be ordered and time constraints are always another kind of challenge. Then there will be both new and established members that may want to be included at a later date.  So that would take the contest part out of the equation and perhaps keep this thread current and ongoing... relaxed and fun.

JediXIX at one time had posted a sharing/compilation of more outstanding/interesting/unique saber customizations via direct link and that was well appreciated.  This is slightly different as the custom is in the now moment and input/ideas can be shared and questions asked/answered.  Smiley

Hope that generally sums it up in a way that is favorable to those intending or thinking about participating and I realize that the original focus has shifted a tad.  Smiley

Thanks again to TR for his initial thought and post.  Cool

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 11:28:47 PM »

I agree with everything D7 said.

Sticking with the lower end hilts not only gives you more of a "blank slate," but it should fit nicely into everyone's budget, as there will be more stuff to buy.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 12:07:35 AM »

I will not be participating, though I will be watching. What if you all were to buy Grab Bag sabers, and then just go with whatever you get. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the hilt, price, or any other aspect other than the customization. Just a thought.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: