Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Customization Challenge???? Anyone interested...  (Read 29629 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 12:58:10 AM »

I will not be participating, though I will be watching. What if you all were to buy Grab Bag sabers, and then just go with whatever you get. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the hilt, price, or any other aspect other than the customization. Just a thought.

For members outside of the USA... we still have to pay higher shipping fees, customs and taxes irrelevant if it is a higher end loaded saber or a stunt.  And if we already have a suitable stunt saber it makes sense to put it to good use.  Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 01:06:35 AM »

For members outside of the USA... we still have to pay higher shipping fees, customs and taxes irrelevant if it is a higher end loaded saber or a stunt.  And if we already have a suitable stunt saber it makes sense to put it to good use.  Smiley

I didn't think about that, but I guess I kinda meant for those who will be buying a saber to mod.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 01:15:25 AM »

I didn't think about that, but I guess I kinda meant for those who will be buying a saber to mod.

Could be more fun with an unknown saber... but I am already challenged because pretty much all my stunts have either the LE silver or gold grooves.  This really hampers my creativity.  Have you got any suggestions to get me past that... and please don't say 0 rings as I have already overly used them.  Cheesy

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 01:30:01 AM »

Could be more fun with an unknown saber... but I am already challenged because pretty much all my stunts have either the LE silver or gold grooves.  This really hampers my creativity.  Have you got any suggestions to get me past that... and please don't say 0 rings as I have already overly used them.  Cheesy

No, sorry. part of the reason I am not entering is because I also have no creativity. The other part is because I don't have the money for a hilt to customize right now. you could always sand the gold off, but I don't know about the silver. Roll Eyes

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 03:56:02 AM »

I am interested.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 04:20:47 AM »

I will not be participating, though I will be watching. What if you all were to buy Grab Bag sabers, and then just go with whatever you get. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the hilt, price, or any other aspect other than the customization. Just a thought.

I like this idea, in fact I gave you a Light Side point for it.  I may go that route myself, just as an excuse to buy another Grab Bag.  (like I need one Wink)  I might let whatever hilt it is speak to me and tell me what path to take in modding it.  (besides a sound board, but that's a given with me)

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 09:28:14 AM »

1. Burn the o-rings
2. Strip the color from the hilt
3. Blank canvas 

Cool

I MAY participate. Depending on what the finalized brief is (theme, time frame etc).

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 11:59:55 AM »

I agree with all of the point posted. If you want to join in this craziness you can use any saber you want. I like the idea of getting a grab bag and the modding that. If everyone agrees we can go with any saber that you may get in a grab bag. If you already have one great, what would you all say to a deadline of August 1?

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 12:21:37 PM »

The deadline of August 1 sounds ok for me. Is this themed? Or just random saber and go nuts in whatever way you want?

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 01:29:48 PM »

August 1 sounds good.  That gives a good amount of time to buy stuff, get stuff shipped, and do more time consuming processes like etching, painting, etc. that people like to do.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 03:26:00 PM »

That works well for me and we can go as simple ( like that is going to happen  Wink ) or epic as you are led.  I am stuck with using a v3 Dominix LE that was a grab bag from way back.  No amount of staring at it is changing what specifically to do about those silver rings.  Undecided

Actually it's a simple but attractive looking workhorse saber.  I'm shuttering doing another custom on this saber style.  The August 1st cut off for Challenge #1 sounds good to me... but there may need to be consideration via extension given for participating members special life circumstances and away from home holidays/work.  Smiley

Or should we just be very firm about the August 1st deadline and members plan to do what they can in that timeframe ?!

Perhaps the challenge could officially start on June 1st while the one's that have already committed get the bonus of a head start.  Grin

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 03:49:56 PM »

Well, I do have a stack of hilts demanding my attention.  Sentinel V4, Aeon V3 and Initiate LE V4.  All of them came as stunts, two were grab bags and the Sentinel was an intentional Sentinel purchase.  I've already gutted them all, so I could technically use one of them.  However, that little Sith on my shoulder is shouting louder than the Jedi on the other side, saying that I need to buy a new hilt.  If I do order one, I'm thinking a full on stunt order rather than a grab bag.  While I love grab bags, I really want a Standard Issue or a Liberator.  The only way to guarantee one of those is to just buy it.  The Libby is $15 more, but I think well worth the price, given just how beautiful that hilt is.  Another thing about the Grab Bag thing is that I may get another LE hilt and be exactly where D7 is.  I love leaving those "stock" as they already look sweet with the two tone finishes.  For a customization challenge, I can't leave anything stock, so I need to start with an all silver or all black hilt.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »

Okay, I'm in, my next order will include a grab bag.

Be it ever so humble a hilt, I'll do my best to make it awesome.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 10:55:22 PM »

Tempting very tempting, let me think about it a day.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2017, 01:17:30 AM »

Sounds good.  Okay so let me sum this up for people who come along, and let me know if I've got this right?

1. Open 'contest'- anyone can join, at any point, no overarching theme (any styles/ mods welcome), deadline August 1.

2. Plainer hilts preferred as base/ canvas- i.e. anything that could be a grab bag.

3. Observers will be viewing/ considering the hilts in terms of 3 'categories'- outside mods, internal mods, all of it mods

That sound right?

Calculon will be in- he pitched this idea a long time ago as well. 

Hmmm... I'll probabaly have to order a grab bag.  I have a Libby that I already cut into for a project- then I had to steal the parts for that to save Ethan's saber build lol, and I've had this Libby shell just sitting here.  Would be awesome to just use that, but it's kinda cheating- already drilled into and cut/ dremeled for a whole other idea. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: