Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Customization Challenge???? Anyone interested...  (Read 29472 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2017, 03:59:20 PM »

After much deliberation, I've decided to just mod a hilt I already have.  This is going to be my blank slate:

I got that beauty in a grab bag last year, and I've had it emptied out and ready for customization for a few weeks now.  In an ironic twist, given my last project, I actually sanded it today, taking off most of the surface imperfections.  Then I cleaned it with some Bar Keeper's Friend metal cleaner and polish, to both remove all of the residue from sanding and to even out the surface.  Bar Keeper's Friend is abrasive, so it did great at that.  The hilt is now ready for etching, provided I'm ready.  Wink  It's going to be a new experience for me.

Since this is a forum challenge and since I can save money by using a hilt, LED and switch I already have, I'm thinking of going Obsidian V4 for the sound.  The board, battery holder/speaker combo, buck puck and batteries are only $176.49, I should be able to swing that before the challenge is over.  Smiley

Cody Trainwalker 92
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

I am strong with the good side of the force

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2017, 12:16:55 AM »

No problem, Grab Bag with blade and Blue color included $75.00 on my wishlist.

Cody M. Epperly

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2017, 12:30:04 PM »

I ordered my grab bag, Once I find out what I get I will plan my mod. I do know I am planing on going Old School and keep with the tradition of the first sabers, using found parts. The search for things to use is almost as fun as making them work on the saber. On a side thought I have always wanted to make a wood hilt, Hmmmm.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2017, 11:37:02 AM »

I received my grab-bag on Wednesday, I got a Aeon V3 in red. I am trying to figure out what I want to do with it.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB

Gifted

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2017, 12:14:05 PM »

I received my grab-bag on Wednesday, I got a Aeon V3 in red. I am trying to figure out what I want to do with it.

I've been working on my Scorpion while I wait for my Reaper. Hopefully one of them can be completed in the time frame.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2017, 08:40:36 PM »

Hi all.  I Have a little more time to dedicate to the challenge.  Won't say which saber I'm using... but it will be an outside customization only.  Not sure who all is participating but hopefully we can encourage more.  I see that some members have shown recent customs and may not be aware of this.  Smiley

My understanding is that the saber must be completed for the grand or sorry reveal on August 1st.  Grin lol

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2017, 12:27:52 PM »

Ok, I'm officially in this now! Got my Reaper today.

I'll gut it and get started on it tomorrow after work  Cool

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »

Nice. Can't wait to see what you do. I am trying to make my mods out of all metal.

Make-A-Wish Donations

Gifted

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2017, 02:43:36 AM »

Hi.  Just popping in to see how everyone is coming along with their customizations.  Do we have an estimate of how many members are participating and any ideas of how to encourage more as there is still a month and a week+ till Aug 1st.

Boy oh boy have I ever made some doozie mistakes... really brain asleep stupid ones.  But the saber is slowly taking shape and developing into more than I had originally imagined.  Smiley

This does not mean it's decently okay or anything... but I'm kinda still laughing while having mental breakdown fun.  Roll Eyes

Hope everyone else is enjoying their saber challenge.  Cheesy

PS:  I am envious of everyone who has a permanent work space.  I have boxes of saber related stuff cluttering my living room and am counting the days until I can pack it all up into storage.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2017, 08:11:35 AM »

Hi.  Just popping in to see how everyone is coming along with their customizations.  Do we have an estimate of how many members are participating and any ideas of how to encourage more as there is still a month and a week+ till Aug 1st.

Boy oh boy have I ever made some doozie mistakes... really brain asleep stupid ones.  But the saber is slowly taking shape and developing into more than I had originally imagined.  Smiley

This does not mean it's decently okay or anything... but I'm kinda still laughing while having mental breakdown fun.  Roll Eyes

Hope everyone else is enjoying their saber challenge.  Cheesy

PS:  I am envious of everyone who has a permanent work space.  I have boxes of saber related stuff cluttering my living room and am counting the days until I can pack it all up into storage.

I have made a brutal start on mine and am hopefully on track. I just have to keep reminding myself this one needs to take precedence over the others or I will be very much OFF track  Cheesy Grin

My builds are currently strewn all over the place in boxes too.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »

I have made a brutal start on mine and am hopefully on track. I just have to keep reminding myself this one needs to take precedence over the others or I will be very much OFF track  Cheesy Grin

My builds are currently strewn all over the place in boxes too.

Can't wait to see what you have created.  Boxes are a wonderful invention just behind the wheel and paper clips. Cheesy

This is for anyone.  What's the best protective clear spray for a black anodized saber that has been lightly sanded, engraved and has some accent with enamel paint ?  How many coats, matte or gloss, etc. ?  Thanks in advance.  Smiley

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »

I like Rustoleum satin clear. Some guys like matte, but I think it's too flat. You could go semi gloss, but I wouldn't go gloss. Satin is just barely shinny.  It's all preference really.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2017, 02:47:27 AM »

Rustoleum or Krylon.
Satin would be the way to go, or a matte finish

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »

I have made a lot of progress on my build, things like that happen when you don't have cable tv. I have followed the style of the Ilum prophecy, Its all metal with very little painting.  I had a tight budget but I think I have made the most of it. I wish I could of fitted a sound card on this one but it will have to wait.

Make-A-Wish Donations

Gifted

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2017, 03:21:43 AM »

I have made a lot of progress on my build, things like that happen when you don't have cable tv. I have followed the style of the Ilum prophecy, Its all metal with very little painting.  I had a tight budget but I think I have made the most of it. I wish I could of fitted a sound card on this one but it will have to wait.

Making another two-piece? Similar to what I suggested? Or not that aspect of the styling?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: