Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Should I post the "Mace Windu" font I made? Ethical revision, please help  (Read 11266 times)
Dirzanowski
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2017, 04:41:54 AM »

PM'ing you, I'd love to have this!

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 12:31:33 PM »

Here's my position on it, both as a Mod and a longtime member of this community.

As long as you provide the disclaimer regarding profanity, I have no issue with you posting the font itself.  It's not immediately visible on the forum, so as long as you warn people it should be fine.  As for the ethics angle, I don't see any major problem, but I'd mention Shameem as your inspiration.  You didn't take any sounds directly from his font (to my knowledge), so you're not actually using his IP in any way.  Give him props, and you should be good.

I'd say that this should be fine!
1) regarding this not being your idea, that's an "old school" way of thinking in that even the US patent office has changed from "first to invent" to "first to file." Anyone can say something, but if you actually did it, that's good for you!

2) regarding the content, it take a lot of effort to put on, so if the file is named appropriately, I can't imagine why that would be banned.

Thank you for your input, this has finally convinced me of creating a new thread with the link to the font itself for anyone to download, here it is: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37148.0

Now, I've been away from the saber world for some time due to some unforeseen events in my life, but I'm finally back! I'm really sorry for all of you that have PM'ed me about the font and getting back to you so so so late, I have finally PMed you the font.

Again, thank you to all of you who have joined the discussion and enjoyed the font! Happy Sabering! And late Merry Christmas! (Yes, that's how long I've been away -_-)

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: