Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help me ambush my brother with a Vader font (and provide other cool ones)  (Read 2282 times)
dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

All is as the Force wills it.

« on: May 16, 2017, 06:16:06 PM »

Salutations!

After playing with the fonts provided at https://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm , I'm having trouble finding working links to good sound fonts in the forums. Even some of the ones provided at the preceding link are a little wanting.

If you would be so kind, please suggest some of your favorite fonts. In particular:

Loud fonts with persistent "hum" sounds throughout -the hum shouldn't cut out when I swing or clash, or so do minimally.
A Kylo Ren font that meets the above requirements (I've tried two so far that were ripped from the movie and just aren't loud enough).
A Darth Vader font with or without his breathing, even if it skimps on the hum to make the breathing happen.
Any other font you love that meets the above requirements and isn't already available at https://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm
Any font that sounds just "evil," mostly because I'm ambushing my younger brother with this thing in darkness when he comes home from Hawaii. The Sith font or  Blackstar font may suit just fine, though!

Thank you in advance, the community here is wonderful!

LIGHT Side points, if you would.

Collection:
War Glaive in tri-cree AB, Obsidian V4
Twin Apprentice v4 LEs in DVA for staff - one w/o sound, one Obsidian V4
Aeon V4 LE in SD, Obsidian LTE

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:42:48 PM »

I posted a Kylo Ren font that's sufficiently loud and all the sounds flow

Aldar beedo's HD sound font package has great Vader fonts, rogue one and Graflex legacy (which is in a sense a Vader font with the right power on)

They both flow very nicely, I notice the slightest cut offs with swings and hums so take my word that they're good   Grin

The Obsidian premium soundfont package has an amazing Graflex TFA font with the correct hum lead in by the TFA bass ignition

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:36:06 PM »

Thanks, Projectno253!

I'll download and check these out tonight, though sadly I can install anything until the Hand returns from some warranty repair work.

I was surprised to find some amateurish fonts, even in the ones suggested on US. Glaring cut-offs between the hum and the swing-sounds, mostly.

I bought my v4 in early May, it didn't come with a TFA font. Any idea where I can find that?

Collection:

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »

Thanks, Projectno253!

I'll download and check these out tonight, though sadly I can install anything until the Hand returns from some warranty repair work.

I was surprised to find some amateurish fonts, even in the ones suggested on US. Glaring cut-offs between the hum and the swing-sounds, mostly.

I bought my v4 in early May, it didn't come with a TFA font. Any idea where I can find that?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the default fonts. For the mixing reason you brought up, but also for just accuracy.

As I mentioned above, try the Obsidian premium soundfont package, the TFA in there is perfection to me. Best mix of the TFA bass ignition and hum (most fonts that you have to pay for use the wrong hum and claim to be screen accurate...)

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 11:22:10 PM »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the default fonts. For the mixing reason you brought up, but also for just accuracy.

As I mentioned above, try the Obsidian premium soundfont package, the TFA in there is perfection to me. Best mix of the TFA bass ignition and hum (most fonts that you have to pay for use the wrong hum and claim to be screen accurate...)

I downloaded the "Obsidian Premium sound" package here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31461.0

But it's all in .rar format, which my Obsidian launcher doesn't appear to recognize. Is there a guide somewhere on how to use these?

Collection:

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 11:23:44 PM »

I downloaded the "Obsidian Premium sound" package here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31461.0

But it's all in .rar format, which my Obsidian launcher doesn't appear to recognize. Is there a guide somewhere on how to use these?

Your computer should be able to extract the files from that folder. If not just get a free rar extractor.

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 11:39:28 PM »

Aldar Beedo was kind enough to provide a link to his HD SFX Saberfonts in LSU and WAV here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wvtrkkf80ny07sm/AAB0r8DYnJW-ypiaoqbc_wUma?dl=0

Collection:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: