Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from Ireland!  (Read 2789 times)
kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« on: May 17, 2017, 07:01:24 PM »

Hi everyone , my name is david , and I'm from Co.Cork in the beautiful Ireland . I have always been a massive star wars fan and cannot wait to order my first ultrasaber. I am more than likely going to get a diamond controller as i am a nightscape/landscape photographer and have some really cool ideas to incorporate the saber in to my shots . Picking one colour is very tough as different colours will work better with different shots. These sabers look amazing and emory has been so good to deal with so far . You all seem very nice and helpful so looking forward to getting to know you . If anyone wants to check out my photography I'm on instagram :kroky__ and Facebook :davidahernphotography

may the force be with you

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 07:08:59 PM »

Welcome. I have not yet been to Ireland, but it has always been a place that I have wanted to go. What hilt are you looking at getting? I don't yet have a Diamond saber, but from what I've heard, it is amazing. There are a few other photographers on here as well, Isola815 is only one I can think of at the moment though. Everyone here loves seeing photos, so feel free to post them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The only thing we ask is that you first use the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass) to make sure that the question has not already been asked and answered. If you can't find the answers with that, go ahead and ask. Someone will very quickly come along and supply you with them.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »

Thank you . yes Ireland is just amazing . so beautiful. I had ordered a prophecy v3 silver with artic blue and obsidian lite but there was an issue with my visa card so had to get that sorted . Emory kindly kept it on hold for me so i can still go with that but if I'm going with the diamond board then i might change to the cheapest hllt like the apprentice . which is also very nice and would look awesome with a leather wrap on the hilt . Feel free to check out my astro photography , just imagine them with me and a lightsaber in them  Grin

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:40:24 PM »

Welcome the Saber Forum Kooky!
Nice to meet you! Like Taegin Roan, I have yet to go to  Ireland, but want to very badly. My family tree is thick with Leprechauns and it is on my list of beautiful places to go to trace and check out my heritage. Very interested in seeing some of your photography work. BTW, how far do you live from where they shot the scenes from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi?

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 01:29:39 AM »

Welcome the Saber Forum Kooky!
Nice to meet you! Like Taegin Roan, I have yet to go to  Ireland, but want to very badly. My family tree is thick with Leprechauns and it is on my list of beautiful places to go to trace and check out my heritage. Very interested in seeing some of your photography work. BTW, how far do you live from where they shot the scenes from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi?

Thanks sam ! yeah leprechauns are just rampant over here Grin  I live about a 2 1/2 hour drive to where they shot that scene . It is a small island off the coast of Co.Kerry called skellig Michael . A really awesome spot ,cannot wait to visit !

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 01:34:38 AM »

Hello and welcome  Smiley. You will find that the forums are full of helpful and informative people so don't be afraid to ask^^  And good luck with your first saber purchase  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 01:41:51 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 03:07:23 AM »

Welcome.
While I've never been to the homeland, my family's from that area. (Granted, that was my great-grandfather)

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 05:41:34 PM »

Hello kooky and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »

Hello and welcome  Smiley. You will find that the forums are full of helpful and informative people so don't be afraid to ask^^  And good luck with your first saber purchase  Cheesy

Thank you ! I am really lost deciding what to go with . not sure if i should get tri cree aegean silver and discs or just go with something like the arbiter which is on sale and go with the diamond board as thats on sale too

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 10:15:02 PM »

Welcome.
While I've never been to the homeland, my family's from that area. (Granted, that was my great-grandfather)

thanks therion . it is amazing how many people around the world have their roots in Ireland

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 10:15:54 PM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Thank you lord ravage !

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 08:42:55 PM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction!
 I love the Prophecy, it was my first saber and still my favorite!  Grin  I do not own any diamond or emerald sabers, but they look awesome so I don't think you can go wrong either way.  Good luck on picking your first saber!  BTW's here is a pic of my Prophecy. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 09:03:23 PM »

I love the prophecy every time I see it. Thanks for showing it MavRick!
I have to get me one!

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

Chiron
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 10:04:47 AM »

Hi David, welcome from Philadelphia, PA. I too just bought my first saber a Fulcrum with Diamond board. I still have to visit Ireland, and Skellig looks to be a great place to go and visit on my stop to Ireland.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: