Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What Would You Like Tarantino's Final Two Movies To Be?  (Read 908 times)
SaberFan22
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« on: May 18, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »

This isn't topical or anything, just something I've personally found out about today.

As a lot of you will know, Quentin Tarantino has said that he will make 2 more movies and then he's retiring (due to wanting to quit while he's ahead, leave the audience wanting a bit more and also to try other things such as novel-writing).

Ideas for his final two movies which HE HIMSELF has talked about include:

- Kill Bill: Vol 3. Set in real time when Vernita Green's daughter (whose mother the Bride killed in front of her) may be looking to get revenge, but only once she's all grown up, apparently.

- Another western. While he hasn't divulged any specifics in terms of plot, he has said that he'd like to be remembered as a western director and that you can't be considered a western director unless you've directed at least 3 westerns. Given he has currently only directed 2 (Django Unchained - probably m favourite movie - and the Hateful Eight), it would be safe to assume he might direct one more.

- "A Bonnie and Clyde-style gangster flick set in 1930s Australia with tommy guns and that sort of stuff". Personally I would love to see this. To me it gives off vibes not too dissimilar to that of Pumpkin and Honey Bunny from Pulp Fiction, and could take him back to his earlier movies which focused more on pure crime-drama than huge action set pieces (not that I don't love those).

- A straight up horror movie. He has said he would like to direct horror at some point, though he said he'd prefer to do it as a 4-part television series. Still, a horror could be cool. Death Proof had elements of it and it would be cool to see him tackle yet another genre.

- John Brown biopic. Tarantino has famously stated that John Brown is his "favourite American in the history of the world. He worked hard to abolish slavery and didn't mind spilling a bunch of white blood to do so."

- Adaptation of Elmore Leonard's "Forty Lashes Less One" which he supposedly has already bought the rights to. All I know is it takes place in a prison, and has something to do with an escape. Jackie Brown was an adaptation of Leonard's "Rum Punch" and that turned out great.

- Killer Crow. Whilst writing Inglorious Basterds, he originally had a much longer script which included a group of black troops who'd been treat like shell by the white soldiers and were "making a warpath to Switzerland spilling loads of white blood." but he had to cut it out otherwise the film's runtime would have exceeded 3 hours. He has apparently written this as a script in its own right, so who's to say he won't go ahead and make it?

- Sci-Fi. This is a bit of a tricky one as he has said before that he'd never direct a sci-fi, but more recently than that stated that he'd love to do an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers type movie but from the point of view of the body snatchers". I for one would love to see how a Tarantino sci-fi would turn out, but maybe we'll never know.

Just a fun thing to speculate what his final two movies might be. They are the ones he has actually talked about, but who knows, he may give us something completely unrelated to any of those. I love the idea of the 1930s gangster flick, though! What about you guys? What genres/stories would you like to see him take on before he retires?

Shock LE in Violet Amethyst
Dark War Glaive in Pyrestone Orange

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:37:34 PM »

The one zombie movie don't count as a horror movie? Can't think of the name, the one where the zombies were kinda smart-ish and somewhat remembered what they used to do Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

SaberFan22
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:45:08 PM »

From Dusk Till Dawn with the vampires? He didn't direct it so he doesn't count it as one of his 'ten', but yeah I guess that does fall under horror!

Shock LE in Violet Amethyst
Dark War Glaive in Pyrestone Orange

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:00:46 AM »

The one zombie movie don't count as a horror movie? Can't think of the name, the one where the zombies were kinda smart-ish and somewhat remembered what they used to do Tongue
From Dusk Till Dawn with the vampires? He didn't direct it so he doesn't count it as one of his 'ten', but yeah I guess that does fall under horror!

I believe he was talking about the Grindhouse film Planet Terror.  That was Directed by Robert Rodriguez though, Tarantino Directed the other one, Death Proof staring Kurt Russel.

Personally I'd like to see a return the "gangster" format like Reservoir dogs or Pulp Fiction...arguably his two best.   I personally found Django decent (only because of Christopher Waltz and DiCaprio) and hateful eight..I just didn't like.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:08:29 AM »

due to wanting to quit while he's ahead

Heh... Too late.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: