Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsaber Photography MK2  (Read 2611 times)
Kalibos
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

One Jedi One Destiny (Ultra Wing Warlord)

« on: October 23, 2011, 09:54:44 PM »

Hi guys, Sorry I have not posted in a while, I have been busy making a loft conversion for my house, any way it's done now, and I have claimed it for my very self, The loft (Attic) is now my workshop/Studio. I wanted to share with you guys some of the results Ive had so far (I like photography almost as much as I like Ultrasbers!) Enjoy :

(My poor Dark Prophecy is getting a bit battered now, It is a veteran of many a duel. I use this one a lot as it is my only saber that has sun riders Destiny in it.) Kalibos

« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:57:59 PM by Kalibos » Logged

War Glaive AB, Custom Prophecy RGB, Custom Dark Prophecy RGB, Initiate LE AB, Custom Omen Red
Dark Standard Issue x2 Red, Standard Issue x2 White blades with filters.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »

Those are really good pictures Kalibos. Grin

How do you light the room for that effect.

I have most of the colors so I'd like to find a good way to take pictures for comparisons.

Also I think I might put a claw on my Prophecy cause that looks sick.

Also if I was to get the Prophecy CE, what color should I get it in?

Point!

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kalibos
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

One Jedi One Destiny (Ultra Wing Warlord)

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »

I have a studio, where i can control the light levels, the photos here have been taken using a technique called uplighting, I think a dark prophecy would look great in violet amethyst or  red. A normal Prophecy looks great with arctic blue. Thank you for the points. Kalibos ( try to have as little light in your room as possible, let the saber be the light source, throw a small amount of light on to the hilt only, a torch for example, make sure your flash is off, that will give you some great photos. Kalibos

War Glaive AB, Custom Prophecy RGB, Custom Dark Prophecy RGB, Initiate LE AB, Custom Omen Red
Dark Standard Issue x2 Red, Standard Issue x2 White blades with filters.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »

I have a studio, where i can control the light levels, the photos here have been taken using a technique called uplighting, I think a dark prophecy would look great in violet amethyst or  red. A normal Prophecy looks great with arctic blue. Thank you for the points. Kalibos ( try to have as little light in your room as possible, let the saber be the light source, throw a small amount of light on to the hilt only, a torch for example, make sure your flash is off, that will give you some great photos. Kalibos

Alright cool.

The Prophecy I have is in CG. So I think maybe VA if I get some extra cash.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 11:20:45 PM »

Nice photos!  Since these photos are extremely representative of the colors, You should post those pics in the below thread that Nero started.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3196.0

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 12:00:57 AM »

yes i was directed here by kham.  everyone is always searching for new techniques to capture sabers and their colors.  but i see hopw the technique  you use produces the pictures.  very good.  and it should go into master Nero's 'colors as seen in person' thread.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 12:13:45 AM »

Ah that Dark Prophecy is beautiful... Pictures are great quality as well. Looks like we all need to make our way to your work shop and get some sweet studio quality pictures Smiley

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:04 AM »

nice pics kailbos

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: