Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Battery Pack - stuck on a Chosen One  (Read 1022 times)
Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« on: May 20, 2017, 12:28:53 AM »

Hi Forum Community - 1st time I have to change batteries on my Chosen One sound saber.  Back portion of the pack comes out so I can grab by the grooves like I usually do but nothing else slides out.  Battery pack does not rotate at all and doesn't respond to jiggling, medium strength pulling or light tapping on the hilts.  Unable to dislodge w conventional methods here.

Suggestions?  Txs K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:45:42 AM »

They can be tricky sometimes for me too. Push the speaker around the rim don't push directly on the speaker. See if you can push it in far enough into the hilt and see if you can get enough momentum to jolt it back out with motion. Kind of jerk it back out.  Don't force it if you can't push it in. If that doesn't work you can try taking off the emmiter you will have to take off the Allen head screws and thumb screws and pull off the black shroud. Then pull out the led as far as you can and get a long stick type object and put it down in. Your trying to push in the board itself and push it out the end.  You may need a flashlight and look down in to see what your doing in advance. Be very careful to get the stick or dowel on the edge of the board and push it through. I have done this so I know it works.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 02:42:06 AM »

Hmm no dice.  Pushing the pack in while rotating and the trying to extract does not work.  I also still don't understand why taking off the black accessory emitter on a Chosen One helps.  The LED is still in the way obstructing all line of sight down the saber body's insides.  No way of inserting anything long to give things a push?

K

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 03:59:20 AM »

Whew Jediseth!  It worked.  A little combo of what you suggested did the trick. I just grabbed the battery holder that was visible and turned clockwise-counter w a little force and that rotation got the assembly out.

Txs a million for replying back to me.   I really really appreciate it.

Point for you good sir.

K

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 02:10:50 PM »

Oh good I'm glad you got it. My Chosen One was stuck too because I was using ribbon under the batteries so I could pop the batteries out easier. I ended up taking off the black shroud and pulled my out the led as far is it would go with the wires still attached and pushing the board and battery pack out with a dowl.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: