Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber keeps shutting off  (Read 2356 times)
Megatronus095
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« on: May 20, 2017, 10:03:18 PM »

This may have already been addressed , but here it goes my dark apprentice keeps shutting off and resets itself. Is It the batteries? I got the saber yesterday . Thanks in advance .

Dark Apprentice LE V4 OLS SRD
Initiate LE V4 AB mystery box

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 10:44:00 PM »

Batteries would be my first suspect. Either swap them out for fresh ones, or recharge them, depending on the saber

Megatronus095
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:31:45 AM »

That's what I was thinking , the batteries that are in it are the ones that came with it

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:08:37 AM »

Or you got a short. Maybe check to make sure the batteries are contacting their terminals properly and aren't loose.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Megatronus095
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 01:32:38 AM »

Thanks I'll try that too

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

All is as the Force wills it.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 05:20:55 AM »

Megatronus,

Do you have the Obsidian LTE soundboard? I bought two Aeons with the LTE, and during dueling the batteries  often slipped out of place. This either caused a brief reset, or sometimes required me to re-position them. Oddly enough, my Aeon V4 LE was not affected as much as my Aeon V4. This issue is apparently not uncommon with the LTE soundboard and is damned irritating.

The solution: wrap some electrical tape around the batteries. I also tried rubber bands, but the extra thickness prevented the battery packs from fitting all that well.

If US provided you with a Velcro tape around the batteries, those do little to prevent the issue. The Velcro exists more to cushion the housing.

Here's a pic of the tape, which was sent to me by Marlena of US customer service.

https://photos.shutterfly.com/full/12890952651

Hope this helps!

LIGHT Side points, if you would.

Collection:
War Glaive in tri-cree AB, Obsidian V4
Twin Apprentice v4 LEs in DVA for staff - one w/o sound, one Obsidian V4
Aeon V4 LE in SD, Obsidian LTE

Megatronus095
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 05:53:27 AM »

Yeah I have the obsidian LTE, there's one battery that I can push down a little , but it pops back up . I even helded it down and turn on the saber , does the same thing . When the saber is on the led flickers and blade looks more green than Sunrider's Destiny , shuts off resets . I'm pretty sure it's the batteries.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 10:47:25 PM »

I've put electrical tape on both the top and bottom of the battery to keep it in place. Mine was dislodging as well. Just keep in mind that when you do switch out batteries, it's kinda a mission to unwrap. Be sure to be careful with the sound board and don't yank on it too much

No points, just fist bumps baby!

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 10:56:48 PM »

Megatronus,

If you haven't already, replace the batteries. If that helps, tape them down. If it does not, send an email to info@ultrasabers.com describing your issue. They normally respond within 24 hours, though I know they're busy with a convention this upcoming week, so it might take a tad longer.

Good luck!

Collection:

Megatronus095
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 11:15:03 PM »

Thanks guys , I sent them an email. I've also changed the batteries , and so far it's working pretty good back to Sunrider's Destiny color 😄. I'm Still going to get some rechargeable ones as soon as I can.

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 01:33:05 AM »

Good to hear! I've seen admins report that certain colors like violet, Sunrider's destiny, and arctic blue tend to change color as the batteries die, so that's not a surprise.

Collection:

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 11:01:47 AM »

Good to hear! I've seen admins report that certain colors like violet, Sunrider's destiny, and arctic blue tend to change color as the batteries die, so that's not a surprise.

This is true of any of the mixed colors, because one color will require more juice from the batteries than the other. As regular batteries drain, they aren't able to provide as much power as they do when they are fresh, resulting in one color fading.

To prevent this, I always go with and recommend lithium-ion batteries AND a buckpuck (you have to have both). That option gives you a consistent power draw from the batteries over the entire lifespan of the charge. This results in a bright, even blade until the battery dies. While this is not possible with obsidian lite, it is something to consider in the future, if you can afford it.

Just as a side note, about 99% of the issues reported here about sabers shutting off, blades dimming, colors changing from purple to red/teal to green, etc. can be solved by replacing the batteries with fresh ones. Always try that first. Also make sure they are secured in the battery pack with tape or velcro as suggested. Another layer of security for that is to put some bubble wrap or t shirt scraps in the hilt between the pack and the hilt. This will act as a shock absorber for the batteries.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »

In situations where the battery can pop out of the holder there can also be a small chance of shorting against the body if they get damaged.
I would suggest adding a thin plastic sleeve that fits inside the hilt - suitable material for this can be purchased online (one of the parts makers sells it) or sometimes found at the hardware store, sold to protect fluorescent tubes. I believe at the hardware store it can be found in different sizes.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Megatronus095
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 11:34:06 PM »

Thanks guys for the advice , guess I'll stick with one color like fire orange next time 😁

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: