Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help picking an orange for my first.  (Read 2016 times)
lipelliot
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 21, 2017, 01:32:13 AM »

I'd like to buy an Aeon LE V4, and being my first I'd like to keep it cheaper. In a perfect world I'd just get a Diamond saber and not have to choose, but I'm not there yet.

I'm fairly sure I want orange, but I can't find a clear difference between FO, TRI FO, and I know I've seen a PO, but I think that's more red/dark side than I think I want to go.
  • What's the difference between FO and TRI GO?
  • Are there any brands that are good examples of what colors these look like (Fanta orange)?

Thanks!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 01:50:52 AM »

The Tri-FO is going to be a fuller and brighter blade.  But it will not have flash on clash (FOC) capability.  That is assuming it will be with sound, with no sound you won't be able to get FOC anyway.  So I would recommend you go with the Tri unless you want FOC since the difference is 3 leds vs 1 led in FO.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

lipelliot
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 02:01:03 AM »

The Tri-FO is going to be a fuller and brighter blade.  But it will not have flash on clash (FOC) capability.  That is assuming it will be with sound, with no sound you won't be able to get FOC anyway.  So I would recommend you go with the Tri unless you want FOC since the difference is 3 leds vs 1 led in FO.

Excellent, thank you. Yes, for this one I won't be doing sound or FoC, so TRI FO it is.

I've read that the FO doesn't work well with Ultraedge because it gets washed out, does that hold true for TRI FO?

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 02:28:14 AM »

I've read that the FO doesn't work well with Ultraedge because it gets washed out, does that hold true for TRI FO?

IMO that's completely psychosomatic

If you follow this link to a review video of mine at 10:02, you'll see that it looks the same in both blades.

https://youtu.be/HyFBUeswT38?t=10m2s

TRI FO is an awesome color by the way and I think you'll be really happy with it Smiley

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 12:07:09 PM »

As far as the color difference, I k ow you said that PO is a bit more red than you'd luke, but I like to tell people that FO is more like the color of orange juice (more on the yellow side) while PO is more like orange soda.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »

FO looks like a glass of Tang. PO looks like a Reese's Cup wrapper.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 05:44:32 PM »

Very good description of the FO there

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 06:11:47 PM »

Here's a not so good pic of Pyrestone Orange.  I don't have this saber anymore so can't provide a better photo.  But it definitely has the red component.

Here's a regular Fire orange... keep in mind that all cameras are varied in the colors they pick up the most/best.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 09:19:44 PM »

I don't have TRI-FO or PO, but normal FO is amazing. I've heard that the TRI is fuller than the normal FO, and I would really love to see it in person. When I use a UE style blade on my FO saber, it literally looks like a carrot. Bland and not that great. However, in the normal blade style, it looks amazing. So I'd go with TRI- FO, and a normal style HG blade.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 05:07:44 PM »

I've got my Reaper in FO, and it looks absolutely amazing. I'll post a picture when I can.

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 05:34:48 PM »

Nice. Would like to see a Fire Orange Reaper. Something different Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 06:03:07 PM »

As far as the color difference, I k ow you said that PO is a bit more red than you'd luke, but I like to tell people that FO is more like the color of orange juice (more on the yellow side) while PO is more like orange soda.

Both of these are excellent descriptions of Fire Orange versus Pyrestone.  Personally, I prefer Pyrestone, because it's a nice deep shade (Fire Orange is more amber looking).  That's just me though!

If you're going Fire Orange, definitely spring for the Tri-Cree setup.  It's a neat color, but Fire Orange can be a little dim compared to some of the other colors when running only one die.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 07:15:41 PM »

I also have a FO Reaper, didn't pick the color I got it in a mystery box. Anyway I tried both the ultra edge and regular blade and it seems like no matter start color I just like the ultra edge better. But just depends on the person. My daughter love the regular blade better with any color. I pushed a bunch of pictures and a video in my review but deleted the pictures off my phone so can't post them right now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: