Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Best blade type for Diamond board  (Read 1971 times)
kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« on: May 21, 2017, 06:43:11 PM »

Hey guys , i have finally decided I'm going to go with the diamond board for my new and first saber . still deciding on hilt , its between the bellicose, prophecy v3, graflex and lost grey. question is which blade would be better , ultra edge or mid grade ? seeing as i can pick any colour i choose I'm wondering whicj=h would be more suitable . I will tend to favour the blue/ green colours a bit more for sure . any advice much appreciated on blade and hilt choice . thanks

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:13:23 PM »

I have an Ultraedge Midgrade blade on my RGBW Diamond controller, and the blues and greens looks spectacular, and I like the look of them moreso than when I've swapped the blade for the standard mid grade. The mid grade looks better on reds/yellows IMO, however, I have one of my fonts on my Diamond saber set to a hot pink, and man does that color look good in Ultraedge.

Fulcrum - Diamond RGBW; SRD w/ FoC AS
Curved Azure Reaper - Emerald RGBW; AB w/ FoC PO
Standard Issue Battle Saber V3- Stunt GB w/ blue guarded switch
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber V3 - Stunt AS w/ black AV Switch
Dominix LE V2 - Stunt BR w/ red guarded switch

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »

I have an Ultraedge Midgrade blade on my RGBW Diamond controller, and the blues and greens looks spectacular, and I like the look of them moreso than when I've swapped the blade for the standard mid grade. The mid grade looks better on reds/yellows IMO, however, I have one of my fonts on my Diamond saber set to a hot pink, and man does that color look good in Ultraedge.

Sweet man , thanks for that . gonna go ultra edge then Cheesy How would you compare brightness levels of the diamond colours compared to a single LED or tri cree saber?

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:42:21 AM »

Sweet man , thanks for that . gonna go ultra edge then Cheesy How would you compare brightness levels of the diamond colours compared to a single LED or tri cree saber?

Brighter than the single LED for sure. I have a TRI Adegan Silver stunt saber that's pretty close, brightness-wise, but if you can afford it, go Diamond all the way.

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »

Brighter than the single LED for sure. I have a TRI Adegan Silver stunt saber that's pretty close, brightness-wise, but if you can afford it, go Diamond all the way.

Thats great to hear ! oh i can definitely afford it and being form ireland i want to go all out on my first one rather than getting one and then wishing i had gotten something better . shipping is quite expensive so this might be my last one Cheesy

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 08:27:05 PM »

Thats great to hear ! oh i can definitely afford it and being form ireland i want to go all out on my first one rather than getting one and then wishing i had gotten something better . shipping is quite expensive so this might be my last one Cheesy
Shipping can be somewhat less on other sabers if you exclude things such as an additional charger or another blade.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 02:06:41 AM »

Best advice I got when I was a prospective buyer was to not skimp on the electronics if I could. Was originally gonna do a tri AB Fulcrum with Obsidian lite sound, and I am so glad I waited a bit more to get my Diamond Saber. Plus ten colors in one is pretty great. Though if it helps, I ordered a grab bag blade with mine, and lucked into getting a standard heavy grade blade, so I can swap from the UE if I want. If blade type is a big concern, shipping-wise, order a standard blade too. Grab bag blades can't promise a certain type, but you can always pay a bit more to get a new blade and ship them together. Adegan Silver definitely looks better in a non-ultraedge blade, IMO. Same with most reds/oranges (though I love Pink in the UE blade).

Here's an album of what pink looks like in Ultraedge in case you're curious:

https://imgur.com/gallery/3C4Ho

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 02:19:44 AM »

Here's a quick comparison album I did of blues and silver in Midgrade and Ultraedge. Hope this helps!

https://imgur.com/gallery/i3x9s

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 05:41:45 PM »

Here's a quick comparison album I did of blues and silver in Midgrade and Ultraedge. Hope this helps!

https://imgur.com/gallery/i3x9s

aw man thats sick , thanks very much ! both look sweet although the mid grade in aegean silver definitely looks better and guardian blue better in ultra edge . The tri cree looks a good bit brighter unless my eyes are deceiving me ?

Is that the fulcrum or lost grey on the right ? Almost decided on getting the guardian hilt but man that lost grey is just insanely sleek and futuristic looking . point for all the help, thanks again Grin

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 06:47:20 PM »

aw man thats sick , thanks very much ! both look sweet although the mid grade in aegean silver definitely looks better and guardian blue better in ultra edge . The tri cree looks a good bit brighter unless my eyes are deceiving me ?

Is that the fulcrum or lost grey on the right ? Almost decided on getting the guardian hilt but man that lost grey is just insanely sleek and futuristic looking . point for all the help, thanks again Grin

I honestly think it's the blade. I can try to put midgrades on both tonight and do another side by side shot. Could also be due to battery charge. The Ultraedge spreads the white brightness out a bit better, and in my opinion, makes the white a bit cooler on the color temp. The midgrade blade is reflecting the color of the mattress in my spare room (hence the lack of sheets), so I think the blade looks a bit brighter. Side by side with a full charge, I think the Diamond is brighter overall with color, though I wouldn't get Adegan Silver in Ultraedge (if that makes sense). I don't have a tri-color blade to compare at the moment, however.

As for the hilt, yeah, it's the Fulcrum. I'll probably get the Lost Grey at some point, but I love the double tombstones of the Fulcrum. The hilt is big, so if you have smaller hands, maybe opt for the Lost Grey, but the Fulcrum is my favorite. There are more greeblies and buttons on the Fulcrum, and it does have the activation box, but I think that's part of the charm of the hilt.

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 08:53:41 PM »

I honestly think it's the blade. I can try to put midgrades on both tonight and do another side by side shot. Could also be due to battery charge. The Ultraedge spreads the white brightness out a bit better, and in my opinion, makes the white a bit cooler on the color temp. The midgrade blade is reflecting the color of the mattress in my spare room (hence the lack of sheets), so I think the blade looks a bit brighter. Side by side with a full charge, I think the Diamond is brighter overall with color, though I wouldn't get Adegan Silver in Ultraedge (if that makes sense). I don't have a tri-color blade to compare at the moment, however.

As for the hilt, yeah, it's the Fulcrum. I'll probably get the Lost Grey at some point, but I love the double tombstones of the Fulcrum. The hilt is big, so if you have smaller hands, maybe opt for the Lost Grey, but the Fulcrum is my favorite. There are more greeblies and buttons on the Fulcrum, and it does have the activation box, but I think that's part of the charm of the hilt.

cool well you would know owning them  Smiley (jealous)   

I'm completely lost on what hit to get . Buy an initiate v4 with recharge port , diamond and all the bells and whistles and customise it with leather wrap and weathering or go for a better hilt , lost grey, guardian, graflex .Roughly works out the same price.   Such a hard decision

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: