Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: blades are different than I remember  (Read 923 times)
iraia
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 21, 2017, 09:53:13 PM »

I bought my first lightsaber for Halloween of 2016 and got the ultraedge mid grade blade. I just received my second lightsaber yesterday with the same blade but it's not the same blade?? As in it feels, looks, and possibly even lights up differently. It's been a long time since I've been up to date on the latest US stuff, so was there a change in manufacturing that I don't know about?

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »

I bought my first lightsaber for Halloween of 2016 and got the ultraedge mid grade blade. I just received my second lightsaber yesterday with the same blade but it's not the same blade?? As in it feels, looks, and possibly even lights up differently. It's been a long time since I've been up to date on the latest US stuff, so was there a change in manufacturing that I don't know about?

Can you provide comparison photos, and possibly order details for both orders? There are 4 types of blades. None to my knowledge have changed

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 03:45:52 PM »

I know they changed the tips... moved to a screw-on kind. Thats the only change I am aware of though.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:09:13 PM »

Every now and then they might accidentally give you a heavy grade or mid grade when you order the other one.

Compare the bottoms of your 2 blades side by side and see if one is thicker. That would explain the feel and even a slight dimmer appearance of the thicker blade.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

iraia
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 02:23:04 AM »

I think what happened is that I got a heavy grade instead of mid. That seems to be it. Thanks for your input guys. Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 03:21:01 AM »

That and you can't really see that pretty inner core glow much like before anymore even in the Ultra Edge blades, I've noticed that's changed some too which is kind of a bummer. At lease you got one show saber and one heavy dueling saber to mess around with though =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 04:20:18 AM »

For the record, on the left is a Heavy Grade and on the right is a Midgrade. Notice the thickness. This definitely affects brightness.

Fulcrum - Diamond RGBW; SRD w/ FoC AS
Curved Azure Reaper - Emerald RGBW; AB w/ FoC PO
Standard Issue Battle Saber V3- Stunt GB w/ blue guarded switch
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber V3 - Stunt AS w/ black AV Switch
Dominix LE V2 - Stunt BR w/ red guarded switch

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: