Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Assorted musings on my first purchase  (Read 4440 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 11:52:13 PM »

My phone makes pics huge on here, so that could be it.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 01:24:58 AM »

That's a nice saber Ross.  You might want to check out a grab bag blade for $10, I've gotten 32" midgrade blades both times I bought them.  Good condition too, no major scuffs or scratches.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Ross357
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 02:51:21 PM »

My phone makes pics huge on here, so that could be it.

If my camera wasn't dead I could test this theory. Now I need to look at my phone camera and see if I can adjust it.

Ross357
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »

That's a nice saber Ross.  You might want to check out a grab bag blade for $10, I've gotten 32" midgrade blades both times I bought them.  Good condition too, no major scuffs or scratches.

Thanks. That's an excellent idea, feel kinda dumb I didn't think of it!  Grin

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 10:35:22 PM »

When it came down to my first saber, I was also trying to decide between the Dark Initiate and Dark Apprentice (both in FO), I'm glad I decided to go with the Apprentice as it is an extremely comfortable hilt. I am hoping to get the Dark Initiate soon here though, so good choice. I have to agree with everyone else on the blade thing. I occasionally put a UEHG blade on for dueling, and the only reason, is because I don't have a regular HG blade. FO just doesn't look good in the UE blades to me, so most the time I keep it in the regular MG blade. Cool picture.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Ross357
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 11:59:22 PM »

When it came down to my first saber, I was also trying to decide between the Dark Initiate and Dark Apprentice (both in FO), I'm glad I decided to go with the Apprentice as it is an extremely comfortable hilt. I am hoping to get the Dark Initiate soon here though, so good choice. I have to agree with everyone else on the blade thing. I occasionally put a UEHG blade on for dueling, and the only reason, is because I don't have a regular HG blade. FO just doesn't look good in the UE blades to me, so most the time I keep it in the regular MG blade. Cool picture.

The Initiate is very comfortable.

I went with FO because I was trying to get something not quite Jedi not quite Sith and I admit it I always used the orange blade in KOTOR Cheesy

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 12:23:14 AM »

That alone is the best reason there.  I used blue in KOTOR and thus bought a Guardian Blue saber as my first so I totally understand.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 12:41:21 AM »

Haven't played KOTOR, but in TFU II, I used an orange and a black saber. Plus I've always wanted an orange lightsaber, so when I got it, it was amazing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Ross357
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 01:56:08 AM »

That alone is the best reason there.  I used blue in KOTOR and thus bought a Guardian Blue saber as my first so I totally understand.

Heheheheh! I'll eventually get a Guardian with the Guardian Blue blade.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 05:06:55 AM »

Very nice. We don't care for picture size so. That Orange actually looks good to me. I might try it in both blade types myself actually at some point. All black hilt and orange blade would be perfect excuse to take the saber out for Halloween Tongue Hope you get the blade color to where you like it though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Ross357
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 11:59:03 PM »

Very nice. We don't care for picture size so. That Orange actually looks good to me. I might try it in both blade types myself actually at some point. All black hilt and orange blade would be perfect excuse to take the saber out for Halloween Tongue Hope you get the blade color to where you like it though

Thanks, I'm really curious to see how the film cells will work out. If they don't oh well they're cheap and  I'll nab a standard midgrade and try that.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: