Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help, saber stops clashing!  (Read 583 times)
Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« on: May 22, 2017, 12:16:03 AM »

This is my second attempt to find help, so I'll try and be as short and concise as possible.

I don't heavy duel, only lightly for fun.
Fairly frequently my saber stops detecting clashes altogether. No flash or sound.
Turning the saber off and on again fixes the problem, but it always happens again eventually.
I've had it happen with every font, and with batteries fully charged.

So, I'd like to get this fixed, even if I have to send it back in for repair.
I'm worried that ultrasabers won't test it long enough to detect the problem and send it right back, because it can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes for it to happen (sometimes longer). But when you're dueling it's a total buzzkill for it to keep happening over the coarse of 20-30 minutes.

I'm sending them an email containing this information to see what they recommend.
If any of you have any clue as to what might be happening or how to fix it I would appreciate your help.

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 03:40:53 AM »

Have you changed the motion sensor settings on the obsidian board at all? I used to have a problem just like you describe, and I think it was because I set some of the impact parameters too low. I restored the default settings, the issue was gone.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 04:40:34 AM »

Have you changed the motion sensor settings on the obsidian board at all? I used to have a problem just like you describe, and I think it was because I set some of the impact parameters too low. I restored the default settings, the issue was gone.

Thanks helping me troubleshoot. It means a lot. Just before I got back on here I switched up my motion sensor threshold to make it more sensitive to impact. If that does nothing besides making it constantly clash while I'm spinning it I'll turn it up a ways to make it harder to trigger. Besides switching over half of my soundfonts to custom ones I hadn't touched any of the sensitivity setting in the launcher prior to just now. I'm still not even sure what they all mean and do...

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:56:17 AM »

Yeah, try restoring the defaults and see if that works. I think debounce time and time between impacts need to be high enough.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

Felinus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 05:04:28 AM »

This is my second attempt to find help, so I'll try and be as short and concise as possible.

I don't heavy duel, only lightly for fun.
Fairly frequently my saber stops detecting clashes altogether. No flash or sound.
Turning the saber off and on again fixes the problem, but it always happens again eventually.
I've had it happen with every font, and with batteries fully charged.

So, I'd like to get this fixed, even if I have to send it back in for repair.
I'm worried that ultrasabers won't test it long enough to detect the problem and send it right back, because it can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes for it to happen (sometimes longer). But when you're dueling it's a total buzzkill for it to keep happening over the coarse of 20-30 minutes.

I'm sending them an email containing this information to see what they recommend.
If any of you have any clue as to what might be happening or how to fix it I would appreciate your help.

One thing I've seen cause this... if you have a font somewhere else that does not have a clash sound, run that font, then go back to another font, the clash sound will be missing. Same is true for any other effects - if it's missing in a font you're running, it'll be missing in all fonts  you run thereafter... unless you turn the saber off/on.

It sounds like your problem is something else - like it's stopping mid-use... but maybe this can help?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: