Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Newbie in New Jersey  (Read 1547 times)
Ryumia
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: May 23, 2017, 02:17:49 AM »

I'm a Star Wars fan for almost my entire life, but I've only recently really started looking at sabers in general. Started lurking in the forums a few weeks ago and finally took the plunge with a grab bag saber. Left it up to fate and got rewarded with a Dark Apprentice LE4 in Fire Orange. Very happy with it and looking forward to being part of the community.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 02:40:23 AM »

Sounds like a nice hilt to start with

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 04:09:21 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  Smiley

Many of us start off with grab bags.  It sounds like you really scored with an LE hilt.  Does it have windows?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 04:12:14 AM »

Welcome. While I didn't start out with a grab bag saber, my first was also a Dark Apprentice LE v4 in Fire Orange. Totally gorgeous, simplistic hilt. Glad you're happy with it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The only thing we ask is that you first use the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass) to make sure that they question has not already been asked and answered. If you cannot find the answers you are looking for, go ahead and ask. Someone will quickly come along and supply you with the answers you seek.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »

Hello and welcome  Smiley.
Congratulations with not only your first purchase but also with the good luck of receiving a Dark Apprentice for your grab bag  Wink.  As you will no doubt find (and to reiterate what TR mentioned) the forums are full of helpful and informative members ^^  And please feel free to share details e.g. saber mods, sound board, etc. as we all love hearing about the minutia of our shared addiction  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Ryumia
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 03:53:45 PM »

Was already using the search function a lot on the forum for answers before I decided to go in for a purchase.  Smiley  Been using it this week already to see what everyone has done to customize their hilts.

The Dark Apprentice has the windows, they look amazing with the orange color. I tried not to have too many expectations or hopes for specific features, seeing as I was leaving everything to chance with the grab bag. My only regret is that I didn't request a covertech on it. Looking into putting a D ring clip on the pommel instead. But I'm really happy with what I got, especially since it's one of the smaller possibilities. (I'm short, so it's a factor).

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 04:14:21 PM »

Hello Ryumia and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

I took the plunge with my first order, two Ravens with Emerald driver and V-4 sound. I also got my Dark Apprentice LE4, fire orange as a grab bag saber to put my order too the limit for a free Initiate Saber. It's a great Saber and know  you'Lloyd enjoy it.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 09:14:53 PM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction! MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 05:04:33 AM »

Welcome. You got a cool hilt, I like the V4's.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 09:41:22 PM »

Welcome! Congratulations on your first 'sabre Smiley The Apprentices are wonderful hilts, very nice to hold.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: