Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Finished the Sentinel  (Read 1367 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: May 24, 2017, 06:47:20 PM »

Well, after spending most of the month on this, (three days of actual work, about 3 weeks total waiting for parts) I finally finished this beast. I suffered through a few issues along the way, shipping issues, issues created by me and my hack soldering, but it's done and it works.  So, without further ado, I present the Battle Used Dark Sentinel:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCxdV_T13s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCxdV_T13s</a>

The hilt is a Dark Sentinel without windows but with an AV switch that I got in a grab bag last year.  It had some minor scratches on it, so scratching it up more to look used was always the plan.  The LED is a quad Cree in RGBW, with only the RGB wired, "other guys" sound board, power pack and speaker, with a green AV switch and Head Leather Tour grip tape to both aid in grip and give it a cool look.  The pommel is an Emperor's Hand black pommel sanded to match the hilt.  All said, I'm very happy with how this turned out and I plan to keep experimenting with customization techniques.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:09:00 PM »

Nice! I think the orange color goes together nice with the leather. I have found out several times myself that though JST and other connectors are a great idea they often times don't work out due to space.  I wish US would offer more variety for switches.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »

Looks good. I'm not sure that I would have gone with the orange wrap, but it doesn't looks bad. Great job.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 07:55:03 PM »

SFD, the more I see the Sentinel, the more I'm convinced that it will be among the next sabers that I'll get and it is due (at least in part) to your shared pics^^  The wraps really go perfectly to support the idea that this Sentinel would be THE model for battle  Smiley  The ONLY part that I disagree with (and this is ENTIRELY subjective of my opinion  Wink) is...
I'm not sure that I would have gone with the orange wrap, but it doesn't looks bad. Great job.
I just don't care for the color orange  Grin
Now, having said that, your mods are terrific!  Thanks for sharing SFD  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »

Hilt looks really good, your work shows.
And I feel your pain on 'hack' soldering.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 04:10:59 AM »

Thanks a lot, everyone.  Smiley  The leather wrap is tan in person, it's just picking up the orange light from the saber.  (though, I do like orange)  It was darker tan when I got it, but I sanded it some to "age" it.

Huer-Ta
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »

Great work on this one!  I actually like the tan wrap, I think it complements the green button very well. 

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 06:09:29 PM »

Looks really good 79 !  I like the contrast of the tan against the black saber and how it compliments the orange blade.  The leather will deepen and change with uneven color(s) from the oil/moisture of your hands as you use it... which gives it a more aged and used appearance. The av switch is cool... almost looks like it is starting to corrode with that green color.  Smiley

point  Cool

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 01:45:14 PM »

Thanks D7.  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: