Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber not registering clashes in combat  (Read 906 times)
Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« on: May 24, 2017, 07:50:10 PM »

So I'll start by saying my lightsaber seems to be functioning perfectly.
Next is the issue I seem to be having.

If I quickly shake or snap the hilt in my hands it always clashes.
If I'm hitting it on my bed or other random things in my house that won't get damaged it clashes.
There is no real problem I can see with the saber itself.

Here's the problem.
When I'm dueling another person I can get the saber to clash easily if I'm using a one handed grip. As soon as I grab the hilt with two hands it seems to stabilize it to the point where it almost never clashes! It's like grabbing it with two hands really makes the contact solid enough that it doesn't get a good enough shake to trigger the effect. I tried changing the clash threshold in the launcher but it doesn't seem to help much. It only starts to clash all the time while I'm just spinning it and then not clash when hitting another blade.

Any advice?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:55:12 PM »

I think you answered your own question - the use of your second hand. I've noticed the same thing plenty of times. I think it just acts as a sort of shock absorber so the board doesn't sense the impact.

Another thing is that sometimes if I hit one area of the blade, it triggers it, while other areas don't. It's just one of the quirks of the board.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 08:18:36 PM »

I think you answered your own question - the use of your second hand. I've noticed the same thing plenty of times. I think it just acts as a sort of shock absorber so the board doesn't sense the impact.

Another thing is that sometimes if I hit one area of the blade, it triggers it, while other areas don't. It's just one of the quirks of the board.

I guess I might have answered my own question, yeah. Haha.
I just wanted to see what other people have experienced.
If it's one of the quirks of the design then I suppose it can't be helped.
Still, it would be nice if it would trigger the clash every time I made solid contact.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 09:16:58 PM »

I agree. I think the only way is to really crank up the sensitivity, but like you said, it will then constantly clash even during swings. You should be able to find a good balance. I always test mine against the arm of my couch (when my wife isn't around!) any time I adjust the sensitivity. That gives me a good indication as to how hard I need to hit if I want the effect during a duel.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: