Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Home Depot hilt build  (Read 3590 times)
Jajasmom66
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Grey please

« on: May 25, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »

I'm thinking of building a hilt using stuff from Home Depot *cough*I'm broke*cough* I already got concept art as well and tons of ideas I'll most likely use electronics from ultrasabers as well as a blade too tho I'd have to wait a while for that so I'd most likely use a pvc pipe I can post a picture of my art if anyone wants to see tho be prepared to have your brain melt from looking at my horrible art

"ive got a bad feeling about this" - every Star Wars character ever

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 12:55:40 PM »

My first "sabre" was a home depot/AC Moore special. Have fun with it Smiley

Own:
Guardian Emerald with v4 sound
Phantom Initiate V4 - Stunt Sabre, Violet Amethyst
Grab Bag - Dominix v2, guardian blue

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:57:45 AM »

I did a couple of PVC hilts without lights or blades for a con here before picking up my first sabers from US.

The electronics for my "Deathcry" build all came from US, and work really well.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35080.0

Don'r be shy about posting your work.
What matters is enjoying the work and the results, not what you used to get there

Jajasmom66
Force Sensitive

Grey please

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 02:14:31 AM »

I'm most likely gonna make it a stunt saber as I have just been using straight up sticks to learn my first form but that didn't turn out too well when my little brother got involved And actual blades made for sabers won't scratch your face in a million places if you accidentally hit them
I couldn't upload the drawing cause I lost the artwork/design for it so I'm redoing it

steadfastivory
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

“That's how I roll."

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 04:09:33 AM »

I'd give you a point, but I don't know if you're light side, dark side, or grey.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'd like to be a Jedi, if I have any choice in the matter.

Rathayatra
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 98

"Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is"

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 02:54:46 PM »

Good going--- i would give you points also, just don't know which, or none ? Good luck with the build.

lightside points please --- thanks an old youngling
Initiate LE v4 CG             
Prophesy v3 OPS GB 
Graflex GB OPS
Yoda FX
Dk. Prophesy v3 SY
Standard Issue Battle v3 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 VA
Archon v2.1 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 CG
Dk. Menace tri GB
Consular v4 GB Nickel
Shock GB OPS + Raffle Prophesy CG Stunt
Archon v3.1 + spring raffle Dominix LE v4

Jajasmom66
Force Sensitive

Grey please

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 04:14:20 PM »

I'd give you a point, but I don't know if you're light side, dark side, or grey.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'm grey the code they live by fits my personality perfectly

Jajasmom66
Force Sensitive

Grey please

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 12:59:51 AM »

https://instagram.com/p/BU0V602gAbk/

Here's the idea I'm not sure how the image thing works since I'm on my phone so yeah but hopefully I can get some ideas from you guys as well especially for an emitter button I have no clue what I should use and I don't want a screw

steadfastivory
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

“That's how I roll."

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 03:10:05 AM »

Honestly? Start with this: https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-electronics-guardedlatching.htm

Buttons can get kinda pricey, and the only sites I know where to get a suitable/good button have tens of thousands of buttons to choose from, 90% of which won't be relevant, and half of what's left will be out of your price range. Also, the two sites I'm thinking of will assume you know a fair bit of terminology around buttons unless you ask support.

The "latching" bit means that it's suitable for no-sound sabers. You push it once, it completes the circuit, you push it again, it disconnects the circuit. If you're going to put a sound board in that saber, you need to figure out what sort of button the sound board is expecting.

I doubt Home Depot (or similar) will be selling push buttons. You're probably looking more for a place like the Radio Shack that existed before the 90s.

Most buttons I know of either screw onto a panel, latch onto a panel, or are seriously irrelevant for lightsabers. For a Home Depot lightsaber, you probably want a button that screws in, as the latching systems I've seen don't work very well without a flat panel.

Hopefully this helps, and I'm not completely off the mark. Smiley

I'd like to be a Jedi, if I have any choice in the matter.

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »

I work at lowes and I know that they do not have a decent switch for lightsabers. I get mine either from Amazon or CSS. That way I know they will do what I expect and fit in the hole. I spend "too much " time walking around on breaks looking for my next saber mod candidate at work.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Jajasmom66
Force Sensitive

Grey please

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 02:55:07 AM »

And just to be clear when I say button I'm meaning something I can either glue or screw in to look like a button as a placebo till I can put electronics in it

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 04:26:33 AM »

Good job! Love that blue and black color contrast.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 03:25:44 PM »

Good job! Love that blue and black color contrast.
Thanks. That one was mine, actually.
I was showing him that inexpensive builds can still look good

Cobymc24
Force Sensitive

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 01:32:07 AM »

I'm thinking of building a hilt using stuff from Home Depot *cough*I'm broke*cough* I already got concept art as well and tons of ideas I'll most likely use electronics from ultrasabers as well as a blade too tho I'd have to wait a while for that so I'd most likely use a pvc pipe I can post a picture of my art if anyone wants to see tho be prepared to have your brain melt from looking at my horrible art

If you're on a budget i suggest using a sink tube from your hardware store (about $7). You can buy misc. additives there too (keep an open mind). I also found quite a few things on Amazon here: (PVC sink tube http://amzn.to/2rW57nC ), (D-Ring http://amzn.to/2rVIKPk). There are just a few things I used to build my saber. Just goes to show you how creative you can be on Amazon. You can also use a budget soundboard from a Hasbro saber ( http://amzn.to/2rW01YD ). That would save you a pretty penny, though not nearly as good as an Obsidian of course  Smiley

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 01:42:35 AM »

If you're on a budget i suggest using a sink tube from your hardware store (about $7). You can buy misc. additives there too (keep an open mind). I also found quite a few things on Amazon here: (PVC sink tube http://amzn.to/2rW57nC ), (D-Ring http://amzn.to/2rVIKPk). There are just a few things I used to build my saber. Just goes to show you how creative you can be on Amazon. You can also use a budget soundboard from a Hasbro saber ( http://amzn.to/2rW01YD ). That would save you a pretty penny, though not nearly as good as an Obsidian of course  Smiley

Cobymc24 we love having you contribute to the forum here, Welcome! Would you please go read and acknowledge the rules before posting again. Thanks!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: