Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The subjugation of circle city begins now...  (Read 2970 times)
Drakus40k
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« on: May 25, 2017, 05:34:04 PM »

Hi all.

I just received my first saber (the Scorpion w/Diamond board), and am loving it. I'm a 30-something accountant living in the Indianapolis area, a life-long Star Wars fan, a HEMA longsword enthusiast of the German schools, and I have recently decided to try my hand at a Sith Juggernaut cosplay. I've got the saber for it, so I might as well go full Sith...

I also nabbed a basic Dark Apprentice (the LE V4 I think- has the windowed emitter anyway, in Guardian Blue) as a grab-bag saber, and the Acolyte Initiate (Yellow) freebie from the current sale. I have a number of "real" swords at home (longswords, bastards, and a viking-era), but the sabers are a joy in their own way.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »

Hi and welcome to the Forum.  You went all out with the Diamond Scorpion.  There are many sword/weapons and combat enthusiasts here.  Please join in and share your knowledge and photos/videos.  Here is the most recent thread.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34642.0

You will also really like the full size accompanying saber to the Apprentice called the Sentinel.  You have peaked my curiosity regarding the yellow Acolyte as this saber does not seem to exist in the current US list of lightsabers.  

Here's your 1st Forum dark side appreciation point for posting a Rules acknowledgement and an Introduction.  Hope you will enjoy your time here and I encourage you to check out topic/subject threads.  Ask any questions that are appropriate and someone will likely have an answer and we look forward to your participation.  Smiley

Drakus40k
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:59:58 PM »

Mea Culpa! I misspoke, I meant to write Initiate. 40 lashes and the rack for me...

...and thanks! I'll have to put some pics of my blades up in that thread. Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 06:19:31 PM »

Hahaha... well if you insist I can go all Kylo Ren torture stuff on you !   Grin

You have already broken a Forum Rule by bringing up one of  " the other guys " sabers lol .  Wink

Just what we all need... more unruly Sith behavior... Jedi alert... Jedi alert   Tongue

Drakus40k
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 06:52:36 PM »

The rule breakage was unintentional....or was it???!? Bwahahahah! Ahem.

But seriously, Mea Culpa.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »

Welcome, Drakus! Cool first purchase, and I'm glad you're enjoying it Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

steadfastivory
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

“That's how I roll."

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 11:53:02 PM »

Dark side point for Indianapolis. Definitely need more saber folks in the midwest, plus would not mind getting back to the hometown of GenCon at some point.

I'd like to be a Jedi, if I have any choice in the matter.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 12:47:11 AM »

Welcome to the forum. Dark side point for your topic title

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 02:16:25 AM »

Hello and welcome  Smiley. Like you, I am also a sword enthusiast (I have a bastard sword, arming sword, longsword, claymore, viking seax, and hersir sword). 
Sith juggernaut, eh?  Sounds awesome!  I want to work on my Jedi Guardian as well (I figured both roles are analogous, if flip sides of the same coin  Wink).  Well met^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Drakus40k
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 02:38:52 AM »

I appreciate the welcome!

I'm not surprised that there is a bit of overlap between Steel fans and Saber fans. I like that I can apply many of the longsword techniques to the saber without any real difficulty...although I need to make sure that practicing with Saber doesn't screw up my edge alignment with real swords...that's one of the reasons I nabbed the Scorpion saber- it has that blade/talon on it, which I've been thinking of as the long edge of the saber.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 06:35:43 AM »

Welcome. The Scorpion is pretty high on my wishlist, and I can't wait to be able to get it. I like swords and medieval warfare, but I haven't done much in pursuit of it as a hobby. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The only thing we ask is that you first use the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass) to make sure that the question has not already been answered. If you don't find the answers, go ahead and ask. Someone will quickly be along to help out.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 07:33:52 AM »

welcome. full out diamond saber is a heck of a start.
you'd be surprised there's more in the Midwest than you think. my Mi/ Oh group already hit 80 in 6months of publicly appearing...and I don't see us slowing down.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 10:53:24 PM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Tikazi j'us itik zo kukas, tuls kair photos iv tu'saen is tu'iea Zibeti Karza kalsoka su tu'iea vidta.
(When you get a moment, post some photos of yourself in your Star Wars costume with your saber (click > here. < click))

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 12:57:14 AM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 12:45:16 AM »

Hello and welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: