Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag sabers  (Read 12625 times)
Jedi Hoot
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 05:11:58 AM »

Sliverback & Ultra,

Thanks for the information. However I am going to take Ultras advice; it will save me some time & money.  Plus I am going to a store, with a hardware section, tomarrow.

-Matthew

LS Points please

Standard Issue Battle Saber

Havl
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 03:07:58 AM »

Looking at the Grab Bag sabers, I see that there's a choice between PVC and metal. I don't see any PVC hilts elsewhere on the site. Does US make still PVC sabers? Has anyone here personally received a PVC saber from the grab bag?

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 03:35:25 AM »

Looking at the Grab Bag sabers, I see that there's a choice between PVC and metal. I don't see any PVC hilts elsewhere on the site. Does US make still PVC sabers? Has anyone here personally received a PVC saber from the grab bag?
ultrasabers used to make all PVC sabers until they started to upgrade to all metal sabers check this thread to see some of their PVC sabers http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=919.msg9150#new

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 04:33:55 AM »

We always offered metal sabers since the very beginning.  We were never an all-PVC saber company. 

Due to the demand for sub-100 dollar sabers, we introduced a line of PVC sabers, called E-Series, which quickly became the most popular line of sabers we offered.  In time, we were able to implement revolutionary cost containment techniques on machined aluminum sabers, bringing them down to a price point never before seen in this hobby and still not seen anywhere else.  To this day, the Dominix V2 is the gold standard for saber design featuring an unequaled ratio of cost/quality/delivery.  At that point, the E-Series became redundant since the cost savings of PVC over a much higher quality aluminum hilt was so little.  Thus, the E-Series was phased out.

Although we do not manufacture PVC hilts anymore, we still have many PVC sabers available as Grab Bags.  They will eventually run out, of course, but not anytime soon.  Apparently, paying a small amount more for a metal hilt is by far the most popular option.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 04:41:33 AM »

Don't worry Ultra, one of these days I'll be glad to take a few of those pvc's off your hands. But no more sabers until I get some steady income.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Crixus
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 04:47:48 AM »

Ive been looking into the Grab bag as a saber for my gf... now with the color you choose will u necessarily get that color you chose? or could it be randomly any color?

Dark Standard Issue- Arctic Blue

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 04:55:01 AM »

If you choose any of the options, including color, you will get it.

Vetinari
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »

I've got some of those graflex style grippy things, and I'm going to try my hand at customizing a hilt once I get enough to buy another one.

Would it be possible to get a grab bag and cheekily ask for one with minimal/no grooves towards the pommel for this purpose?

Or should I bite the bullet and risk wrecking a gorgeous looking liberator?

War Glaive - Guardian Blue
Liberator - Fire Orange
Prophecy - Adegan Silver
Asajj Ventress Force FX

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: