Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: DIY with pink blade.  (Read 564 times)
Odium_Hector
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 26, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »

Earlier this year, I made my 1st US purchase.  I got a pair of Apprentice LEs to go with my Sith costume, and I love them!  I also got a Grab Bag saber that my wife is currently using with her Sith costume, but it has no sound being from a Grab Bag deal (not meant as a complaint).  More importantly, she has loved the idea of pink blades ever since we played SWG.  I've found posts on this forum site showing that customers have ordered sabers from US with Bane's Heart or Hot Pink blades, but she wants the saber to be a DIY project for budgetary reasons.  So would US sell the components needed to make a saber with either of those 2 pink colors, or is it something that I have to order ready-made through their site?

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »

Are you talking about assembling from scratch? The LED for a pink 'sabre is one of the standard RGB pads, I think, just wired up for a specific combination of R+B. I don't know if there's a definite setup they use in terms of specific resistors - the forum colours are more approximations than precision settings, although the pinks seem to be fairly consistent.

But it may be easier to order the LED pre-wired. US can definitely send the LED already set up for Bane's Heart or Hot Pink, and your wife would then just need to link the wires into the soundboard, switch and so on.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Odium_Hector
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 04:51:46 PM »

After crunching numbers, we realized that other posts about DIY builds costing about the same as purchased builds so we'll probably just go with that.  Thanks though, James!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: