Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Form of the ENTROPY - (DEK) Forms of the Elements-series  (Read 6032 times)
Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« on: June 01, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »

...and here comes the ENTROPY, the new Element-form from the Distant Earth Knighthood!
With a double-bladed lightsaber this form does (or does not but does not try) to reflect to the essence of entropy: finding energy is disorder and focusing that in patterns to deliver it.

I'll come back with a bit more detailed description once I finished polishing it, until that here's the vid.
Hope you enjoy this one too!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuWEKdeeogw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuWEKdeeogw</a>

Enso Marr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -43

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:58:13 PM »

Interesting. Which staff is this? Total length? Are they initiate hilts?

Preliminary impression for me is too much water not enough fire.

May your fire burn both bright and beautiful, within and around you, that all may know your unrelenting freedom.

Follow @MasterEnso on Instagram for regular lightsaber and fire shenanigans.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:44:01 PM »

Interesting. Which staff is this? Total length? Are they initiate hilts?

Preliminary impression for me is too much water not enough fire.

When 40+ years old you reach, overestimate fire you will not! Wink
It's a Phantom Initiate v4 staff made out of two Dark Initiate v4 hilts. Actually you just gave me an idea, time to write a review about it Smiley

Enso Marr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -43

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 06:44:19 PM »

I can definitely see the roots of the form in the limited hilt length you have to work with. I'll have to try it with a longer staff and see how it feels.

May your fire burn both bright and beautiful, within and around you, that all may know your unrelenting freedom.

Follow @MasterEnso on Instagram for regular lightsaber and fire shenanigans.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 08:58:02 PM »

When 40+ years old you reach, overestimate fire you will not! Wink

Thank you Master Medwyn, I have been eagerly awaiting this video...but the wait has been worth it.
Sorry I have been absent around these parts recently (family matters needed attending to) but I hope to post more regularly from now on.

And I can fully appreciate the sentiment ^^ about being 40+  Grin

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »

And I can fully appreciate the sentiment ^^ about being 40+  Grin

Thank you fellow For Tyeth, welcome back! Smiley
(I've also been off and on recently and only kept half an eye on this forum - we know how life in the Outer Rim can always get busy...)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 11:00:18 PM »

Thank you Master Medwyn for the welcome back.

It looks as if your time away from the forum was productive. This new Form and new pictures of your Consular you have been busy. (And do I detect a bit of Photoshop lens flare on your Consular?)  Wink

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 11:10:55 PM »

(And do I detect a bit of Photoshop lens flare on your Consular?)  Wink

Yes, I'm just getting used to a new software I can use to edit movies and effects. It works on pictures too, I always wanted to try a proper lens-flare effect Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 11:15:48 PM »

Yes, I'm just getting used to a new software I can use to edit movies and effects. It works on pictures too, I always wanted to try a proper lens-flare effect Smiley

Just be careful not to turn out like JJ Abrams...he'd put lens flare on lens flares if he could. Less is more!
Great pictures and videos, so keep up the good work.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 03:20:29 PM »

Meanwhile I reached a point beyond which I don't want to simplify the description further - there are so many exciting aspects of the entropy worth talking about Smiley
Here it comes:

Form of the Entropy

Many areas of life revolve around the concepts of order and disorder. It's a strange duality with a natural tendency towards "getting out of hand", losing control and occupying the biggest space possible with the freedom-factor maximized. Entropy is a state measuring the level of disorder: the higher it is, the more untamed the energy becomes - as the entropy grows, solid becomes fluid, liquid becomes gaseous. The opposite force is the control what restores order; it reduces  the level of entropy and its energy to a point where it can be focused and directional so it can do conceptual work. There's a constant flow of energy in between these forces, an exchange of intelligence between natural and habitual.
     The Form of the Entropy relies on breaking up and rebuilding patterns. The expansive moves let the control melt to increase the level of entropy from where a new order can be arranged with the energy focused and transformed into a finishing move. The stances follow the same rhythm, they pulse between being fluid, mobile and solid, still. The double-bladed lightsaber follows these patterns with changing spin orbits and strikes, stabs accordingly. The form is aiming for unpredictable transitions between techniques to increase the overall level of entropy while also keeps the necessary control over the patterns and ready to reorganize the expansion into a concentrated focused state again. The double-bladed weapon offers a range of opportunities to boost the unpredictability of the moves and to create a wider space in which the the potential of the ever-changing entropical state can be exploited.
     Practicing the Form of the Entropy can help to develop the ability to find a place between the controlled and focused state of being and dissolving in the unconceptional space. It's a rewarding game to experience the different balance points and that can lead to a deeper understanding of nature and our relation to it.

Attack:        O O O O
Defence:     O O O
Mobility:      O O O
Adaptivity:  O O

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 09:20:26 AM »

Can't believe this was a year ago today, I need to adjust my time capsule!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 02:47:59 PM »

Time flies. Love the " Ray Park " around 33seconds. Great technique and form as always. I've been attacking your water form recently. (Chris' fault! )

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 03:12:21 PM »

I love Master Med's Elementals Series (specifically Water); not only is it an informative resource for practice but also for literary...reasons  Wink

Time flies. Love the " Ray Park " around 33seconds. Great technique and form as always. I've been attacking your water form recently. (Chris' fault! )
Hey, congratulations Ryan...er, sorry...Master Res on your title!  Smiley

Looking forward to more Relic Wars  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -170

Matt Akur

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 04:22:31 PM »

Great video and true perfection! Thanks for sharing, I'm not into staff yet but I will start practicing a sword form of the elements soon, to include some parts into spinning and to get more knowledge and structure behind strkes and movement. Your videos are a great reference!   Wink

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 12:16:23 AM »

I guess I need to get me a staff now. Incredible work.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: