Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: PIKACHU Sound Font for all of you!  (Read 4405 times)
CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« on: June 02, 2017, 09:39:06 AM »

Hey all!
So who likes Pikachu? (The answer is "everyone", btw...)
And who'd like a lightsaber with Pikachu's thunderbolt sound? (Also everyone)
Here you go, you're welcome! XD https://www.dropbox.com/sh/671nww0gepjcebv/AABYmFrfhqmfBqaEBOFiDOwKa?dl=0

Despite not being a serious font, it's probably the cleanest sounding font I've made to date, and reeeaaally loud when it comes to swings and clashes. This time, I did not use any lightsaber font as base for this font itself, and just ripped the sounds from scratch (ripped them, not made them, obviously...).
It has two boots, one ignition (with pikachu's war cry), two power offs (one with the sound of Pikachu flying away and one without it), one very short but electrifying hum, 9 swings and 8 clashes with random electric sounds, and three lockups (one is pikachu's Thunder, the second is the whole gym battle theme, and the third is a perfect, shorter loop of the gym battle theme, the later two being quite heavy as you can imagine, so I probably just recommend the first one). I think it'd look great with a main flickering sentinel yellow blade with white and/or blue flash on clash. I'd do this right now on my own emerald saber, put I won't be back home until August the soonest... So any video using this font would be much appreciated!

Also, it's all in WAV, good for Obsidian V4, no too sure yet how to convert them to lsu...

I hope you all enjoy it!

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 01:09:34 PM »

Nice job,  the sounds sound good. I don't know how you came up with the hum, but you did a good job.  It loops perfectly.  I believe the ISU rate is 22050 and the bit is 32. I haven't converted one of yet either, just because I haven't had a reason to do so. I do have an old font from The other guys board and I plugged it into Audicity and It looks like that's the settings.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 02:03:22 PM »

Nice job,  the sounds sound good. I don't know how you came up with the hum, but you did a good job.  It loops perfectly.  I believe the ISU rate is 22050 and the bit is 32. I haven't converted one of yet either, just because I haven't had a reason to do so. I do have an old font from The other guys board and I plugged it into Audicity and It looks like that's the settings.

Thanks, Jediseth! I'm glad you like it. The hum was really easy to do, works especially well when you want a short, erratic sound for a hum that loops perfectly. Just get a short piece of the sound you want to make your hum (Pikachu's electric attack in this case), copy it, paste it literally next to it in the sound editor, and then reverse the speed. That way, the end of the hum finishes exactly where the hum starts again, and the transition between the two pieces is seamless. You can get away with sounds like this one, sparks, electricity, etc. I'm not too sure about actual lightsaber sounds, since some lightsaber hums fluctuate so much that when you reverse them, the sound changes drastically and it doesn't sound like a lightsaber anymore =S

And I checked with my other sound font from "the other guys", and it is in fact 22050 32bit. However, any lsu sound I see actually appears as 44100Hz 16bit, I thought lsu was specifically designed for Obsidian V3, not for the other guys, wasn't it?

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 02:47:01 PM »

I have no idea I'm pretty confused about the ISU as well, because I've seen that as well too. I'm going to test it out on another brand of saber and figure it all out. I don't have any V3's so I'm not sure.

I was curious if all the sounds including the hum were from Pikachu, sounds like they are. I have been making my own hums.  I posted a font here called Electro and the hum is originally from me. It's great to hear another member having fun making this stuff. Nice work!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »

I have no idea I'm pretty confused about the ISU as well, because I've seen that as well too. I'm going to test it out on another brand of saber and figure it all out. I don't have any V3's so I'm not sure.

I was curious if all the sounds including the hum were from Pikachu, sounds like they are. I have been making my own hums.  I posted a font here called Electro and the hum is originally from me. It's great to hear another member having fun making this stuff. Nice work!

Oh yeah, the hum is still from Pikachu even though I edited it. The swings and clashes are mostly also from the show, but some are generic electricity sound effects (like most of the sounds that appear in the show anyway...). Engineering your own hum sounds difficult, I'd love to try and record one some day. In fact, an idea I had was to make a sound font by recording the sounds of my old ROTJ luke hasbro lightsaber and put it on my archon, that would be really nostalgic. However, the font would be pretty limited (the saber only has ignition, power off, hum, and two clashes, no swings at all), so I'd have to synthesise some sounds =S

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

kamoosekazi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 02:29:58 AM »

This is something I never thought I would have always wanted!
Thank you for making my pokemon crossover cosplay much easier!!!

Dominix v4; Emerald/Obsidian v4 - Liberator v3; Fire Orange - Dark Apprentice v4; V. Amethyst - Apprentice v4; Arctic Blue - Catalyst; V. Amethyst Obsidian v4 - Prophecy v3; Consular Green - Dark Initiate v3; Sunrider's Destiny

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »

This is something I never thought I would have always wanted!
Thank you for making my pokemon crossover cosplay much easier!!!

Haha, you're welcome! I'm really glad you like it! Also, please make sure to post photos and/or videos of your cosplay when you get around to it, I very much look forward to see how it works all together! =)

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: