Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Are These Parts What I Need To Complete My Apprentice?  (Read 1662 times)
SoloSaber
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Darkside Points Plz!

« on: June 02, 2017, 10:18:43 PM »

Hello, Saber noob here lol.

Anyways, I recently purchased a Apprentice Le v4 saber (empty hilt only) because of limited funds at the time.
Although I do have a guarded latching switch being shipped as of yesterday.

So I'm getting the necessary parts I need to complete it now. I'm a bit over whelmed here tbh.

From what I can tell, I need a battery/speaker combo. An Emerald LED Driver, and of course the blade.
Is that all? I just want to be sure here as I don't wanna have waste time/money picking the wrong parts is all.

I basically want a purple blade, not too long or too short. I'm a skinny little guy, and only "5'7 feet tall. Some
decent sound effects, Flash on Clash not necessary.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance and MTFBWY - Always.  Grin

Once More The Sith Shall Rule The Galaxy...

steadfastivory
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

“That's how I roll."

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 10:58:11 PM »

Are you making a stunt saber? No fancy lighting effects nor any sounds?

If you want sounds, you need both an Obsidian board and a speaker. Otherwise, you don't need either.

If you want cool lighting effects, you need an Emerald driver and an RGB LED module.

Solid blade color with no flash-on-clash requires an LED module and either resistor(s) or a buckpuck.

Hope this helps.

I'd like to be a Jedi, if I have any choice in the matter.

SoloSaber
Force Sensitive

Darkside Points Plz!

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 11:07:31 PM »

Are you making a stunt saber? No fancy lighting effects nor any sounds?

If you want sounds, you need both an Obsidian board and a speaker. Otherwise, you don't need either.

If you want cool lighting effects, you need an Emerald driver and an RGB LED module.

Solid blade color with no flash-on-clash requires an LED module and either resistor(s) or a buckpuck.

Hope this helps.

This saber will not be for stunts or dueling at all. Simply something to have and show off.

And yeah, just the basics. Sound, and a saber that lights up, lol. Thanks for the help bro.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 11:59:08 PM »

The Emerald driver is to be able to program your saber to be different colors and have effects like pulse and FOC.  If you just want only the purple color blade, you would save a lot of money by just getting the DVA (blueish purple) or VA (redish purple) LED.  Similarly the Obsidian lite just comes with 1 sound font that you can't change, the Obsidian V3 can store 1 sound fount but you can change it by connecting to your computer, and the Obsidian V4 can store multiple sound fonts that can be changed by connecting to the computer as well.  The more you want your saber to do the more the different options cost.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

SoloSaber
Force Sensitive

Darkside Points Plz!

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 12:13:06 AM »

The Emerald driver is to be able to program your saber to be different colors and have effects like pulse and FOC.  If you just want only the purple color blade, you would save a lot of money by just getting the DVA (blueish purple) or VA (redish purple) LED.  Similarly the Obsidian lite just comes with 1 sound font that you can't change, the Obsidian V3 can store 1 sound fount but you can change it by connecting to your computer, and the Obsidian V4 can store multiple sound fonts that can be changed by connecting to the computer as well.  The more you want your saber to do the more the different options cost.

Interesting. Okay so when it comes to the sound I basically want to hear the blade turn on, and to hear it hum and also I want to hear the 'swoosh' sound when I twirl it, if that makes sense lol.

Would the Obsidian Lite cover these three sounds I am interested in? Any yeah, I don't think I need the Emerald driver after all. Just want a purple blade much the same as Windu's.

Thanks a lot fella.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 12:39:31 AM »

Interesting. Okay so when it comes to the sound I basically want to hear the blade turn on, and to hear it hum and also I want to hear the 'swoosh' sound when I twirl it, if that makes sense lol.

Would the Obsidian Lite cover these three sounds I am interested in? Any yeah, I don't think I need the Emerald driver after all. Just want a purple blade much the same as Windu's.

Thanks a lot fella.
Yes, the Obsidian lite will do what you want. If you want your saber to look like Mace Windu's saber you will want the DVA color. If it were me I would contact Ultra Sabers customer service and tell them what you want to make sure that you get all the right stuff at one time. Then you will know for sure that you have everything you need when you start. Hope this helps. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

steadfastivory
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

“That's how I roll."

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 05:12:54 AM »

If it were me I would contact Ultra Sabers customer service and tell them what you want to make sure that you get all the right stuff at one time. Then you will know for sure that you have everything you need when you start. Hope this helps. MTFBWY!

This.

Have a point, MavRick.

I'd like to be a Jedi, if I have any choice in the matter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: