Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: diamond controller so hard to access font change menu  (Read 1374 times)
kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« on: June 10, 2017, 01:16:20 AM »

So my prophecy v3 diamond arrived today and wow its just stunning . only issue is trying to access the font change by twisting twice while holding the button is extremely intermittent and very very hard to do .It just  seems completely  random when it will decide to do it . Batteries are fully charged and i copied emory exactly as he does it in the tutorial video . Anyone got any issues with this or any ideas ?

Felinus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 03:41:55 PM »

So my prophecy v3 diamond arrived today and wow its just stunning . only issue is trying to access the font change by twisting twice while holding the button is extremely intermittent and very very hard to do .It just  seems completely  random when it will decide to do it . Batteries are fully charged and i copied emory exactly as he does it in the tutorial video . Anyone got any issues with this or any ideas ?

Not sure if I already replied on another thread. But, one thing I think gets a lot of people: After you are in the menu system, when you twist the saber to make a new selection, cradle the blade in your other hand. At the end of each twist, don't jerk the saber to a stop. Instead, it should slow down smoothly. If you jerk to a stop, the saber will think it's spinning the other direction. It can take a while to get a feel for it, but just remember that it takes some finesse.

Now, for getting in the menu system to start with... you have to hold the button down while you twist clockwise twice. It helps if you have 3 hands. If you only have 2, I still use the same motion - with the blade cradled in my other hand. There's really no magic here, just practice. After ~6 weeks of playing with it, I've gotten fairly consistent, but it often takes me 2-3 attempts to get into the menu.

Felinus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 08:43:24 PM »

Now, for getting in the menu system to start with... you have to hold the button down while you twist clockwise twice. It helps if you have 3 hands. If you only have 2, I still use the same motion - with the blade cradled in my other hand. There's really no magic here, just practice. After ~6 weeks of playing with it, I've gotten fairly consistent, but it often takes me 2-3 attempts to get into the menu.

Update to my own post. Reading some more, it seems to get into the menu in the first place, the saber is looking for two back-and-forth twists. So, it's looking for both the clockwise and counterclockwise.

Once you've gotten into the menu, I hope my other advice is helpful... Just need to make sure the saber can tell a clockwise twist from a counterclockwise one.

DragonFox
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 04:02:57 PM »

I am having the same issue and frankly, my wrist is starting to hurt.

Can I change the sensitivity on the menu entrance twists?

Randy82103
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

Jedi Master Revali

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 10:22:05 PM »

I had the same problem.

Here is what I have learned:
1) setting the sensitivity to 190ish seemed to help a lot.
2) I initially spent my time trying to rotate more and more rapidly, but I'm learning that the saber is more interested if it is rotated farther, like try to exceed 90 degrees swiftly rather than jerk the saber back and forth while only achieving 85 degrees.

Try this and let me know if you can make it even easier!

Randy82103: Parent, Engineer, Triathlete, Star Wars Fan. My younglings call me Jedi Master Revali. Yes that's a character from Legend of Zelda, and yes I think that's awesome.

Archon v2 - Unstable Guardian Blue (Diamond), Initiate v3 - Tri-AS in CG with 12" blade

We study primarily Shii-cho and Soresu as taught by the TPLA youTube channel. Light-side points please!

Randy82103
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

Jedi Master Revali

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 01:23:58 AM »

I've been messing around more with it and I think I've really cracked the code (for me)! I'm finding that the saber with sensitivity in the 190 range always works if the quarter turn is in relation to the orientation of the diamond board. looking from the bottom of the saber, and using the microusb port as the "direction" of the unit, I have great luck with the 12:00 to 3:00 quarter turn. Exceeding the minimum also seems to help so turning from, for example, the 11:00 clockwise to 4:00 (through the 12:00 to 3:00 of course)  and back twice gives me a very high success rate and also allows me to make the maneuver much more slowly than I had before.

YMMV but try that!

Randy82103: Parent, Engineer, Triathlete, Star Wars Fan. My younglings call me Jedi Master Revali. Yes that's a character from Legend of Zelda, and yes I think that's awesome.

Archon v2 - Unstable Guardian Blue (Diamond), Initiate v3 - Tri-AS in CG with 12" blade

We study primarily Shii-cho and Soresu as taught by the TPLA youTube channel. Light-side points please!

dracon
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 12:28:07 AM »

I'm thinking to have the solution for this problem. Performing two quarter turns clockwise should be SLOW and not too much speedy. Besides if you keep the saber VERTICALLY (and not orizzontally as the video) there're lots of more chances to activate selection mode.

But now I've another problems AFTER selecting a gesture (performing the turns COUNTER-clockwise). The gesture selected is producing a bad sound in my default font. I ask how can I DESELECT this gesture and its BAD NOISE ?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: