Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wonder Woman (Spoilers)  (Read 1992 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« on: June 10, 2017, 07:48:56 AM »

Okay, it's been a week since the film came out. It's grossed a buttload of money, and is a critical and fan success.

What is your take on it, folks?

I loved every aspect of this film, but honestly, the guys over at How It Should Have Ended summed it up far better than I could.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVBXqWZJgs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVBXqWZJgs</a>

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »

Okay, it's been a week since the film came out. It's grossed a buttload of money, and is a critical and fan success.

What is your take on it, folks?

I loved every aspect of this film,

Other than a couple of iffy dialogue spots, I too loved every single aspect. It was simple (in some ways), but it was amazing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 12:34:09 PM »

I liked it quite a bit, but ultimately felt that it was too safe; by the numbers, at least in regards to origin movies.

Still can't wait to own it. Smiley

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 03:08:18 PM »

I liked it quite a bit, but ultimately felt that it was too safe; by the numbers, at least in regards to origin movies.

Considering how divisive Man of Steel was, how disappointing BvS was to many people anf how much of a jumbled mess Suicide Squad was, can you blame Patty Jenkins for going "safe" with this movie? The future of the entire DCEU in it's current form was at stake and they desperately needed a movie to be successful with critics and the mainstream audience.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 03:15:36 PM »

Considering how divisive Man of Steel was, how disappointing BvS was to many people anf how much of a jumbled mess Suicide Squad was, can you blame Patty Jenkins for going "safe" with this movie? The future of the entire DCEU in it's current form was at stake and they desperately needed a movie to be successful with critics and the mainstream audience.

And, as predicted, recently the news came that Justice League is undergoing Reshoots....5 guesses on why and the first 4 don't count

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »

Of course I can.  Cheesy

She made middle of the road summer action film that is more than successful with critics and general audiences, but as far as origin movies go, it's all been done before. That's my only problem with it, it feel too safe, other than that I'm a fan, I had a lot of fun going to see it.

The future of the entire DCEU in it's current form was at stake

Who said this? This sounds awfully hyperbolic.

I understand that this crop of DC films may not be for everyone, but there is an audience for them and they're making WB a lot of money.

You could say they needed to course correct, but the ship was far from ever sinking.

And, as predicted, recently the news came that Justice League is undergoing Reshoots....5 guesses on why and the first 4 don't count

And? Lots of big budget films go back for reshoots.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »

And? Lots of big budget films go back for reshoots.

Ok, If I must I'll explain.  As stated before the DC films have not been the most widely acclaimed with audiences and critics... and movie studios always try to tap into whats popular..obviously.  The timing of the re-shoot announcements is assuredly no coincidence.  DC finally has a film that has literally not had overwhelming negative reactions... spanning from people like myself who thought it was Ok to those who love it.  Now, they announce Justice League will go through re-shoots....and as you said not uncommon...but the fact it comes on the heels Wonder Woman's success is a clear indication they are either expanding Wonder Woman's role or copying elements of film...  Of course this is my speculation and I very well could be wrong, but I would bet my last cheeseburger I'm not.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 05:38:24 PM »

Ok, If I must I'll explain.  As stated before the DC films have not been the most widely acclaimed with audiences and critics... and movie studios always try to tap into whats popular..obviously.  The timing of the re-shoot announcements is assuredly no coincidence.  DC finally has a film that has literally not had overwhelming negative reactions... spanning from people like myself who thought it was Ok to those who love it.  Now, they announce Justice League will go through re-shoots....and as you said not uncommon...but the fact it comes on the heels Wonder Woman's success is a clear indication they are either expanding Wonder Woman's role or copying elements of film...  Of course this is my speculation and I very well could be wrong, but I would bet my last cheeseburger I'm not.
Actually, the JL reshoots were announced before WW came out. Joss Whedon will be doing the reshoots as Zack Synder and his wife have stepped away from the DCEU at the moment in order to spend time.with their family following their daughter's suicide in March.

Also, virtually every big budget movie has reshoots. Reshoots are actually booked into the filming schedule to allow tweaks, pick-ups, new stuff or missed stuff to be filmed and make the film the best it can (to varying degrees of success). The thing is, we the movoe going public, only hear about some of the reshoots that happen. But it is a common practice in Hollywood and has been for at least 40 yrs.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 06:14:27 PM »

Actually, the JL reshoots were announced before WW came out. Joss Whedon will be doing the reshoots as Zack Synder and his wife have stepped away from the DCEU at the moment in order to spend time.with their family following their daughter's suicide in March.

Also, virtually every big budget movie has reshoots. Reshoots are actually booked into the filming schedule to allow tweaks, pick-ups, new stuff or missed stuff to be filmed and make the film the best it can (to varying degrees of success). The thing is, we the movoe going public, only hear about some of the reshoots that happen. But it is a common practice in Hollywood and has been for at least 40 yrs.

Yes, I'm quite aware as I stated.  I stand by what I said.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 01:57:15 AM »

As Darth Knox stated, this movie needed to be "safe" and "by the numbers" because of how much the previous three DCEU films were either divisive (like MoS), had too much thrown into it at once (BvS), or were all over the place with nothing really coming together (Suicide Squad).

To add another reason why Wonder Woman needed to be "safe," this is the first tentpole comic book movie with a female lead. It needed to be by the numbers to prove that Wonder Woman is not a superhero because she's a woman, nor to show that she's a superhero in spite of being a woman, but to show that she's a superhero who just so happens to be a woman.

Honestly, if you took out Diana, Steve Trevor and his team, Dr. Poison, and Ares, then replaced them with Steve Rogers, the Howling Commandos, Dr. Arnim Zola, and Red Skull, the film would play out quite similarly.

That is the point. That is why it's "safe" and "by the numbers."

Heroism is not based on who you are, but what you decide to do with who you are.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 04:56:20 AM »

For the audiophiles:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5vQz4Xz6q8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5vQz4Xz6q8</a>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: