Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Where else can I get fonts for my Obsidian board?  (Read 5751 times)
kamoosekazi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« on: June 11, 2017, 02:32:37 AM »

The sticky is literally all 404.

Where else can I get free and/or paid fonts. I have no issue paying for someone's good work.

Many thanks a head of time.

Dominix v4; Emerald/Obsidian v4 - Liberator v3; Fire Orange - Dark Apprentice v4; V. Amethyst - Apprentice v4; Arctic Blue - Catalyst; V. Amethyst Obsidian v4 - Prophecy v3; Consular Green - Dark Initiate v3; Sunrider's Destiny

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 02:56:08 AM »

What fonts in particular are you looking for?

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

kamoosekazi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »

Nothing in particular... just trying to have a library of fonts to have at my command, really, lol.

I do a lot of cosplay and a lot of it include mash ups... I guess I could turn this post into a request post as well, but I'm more just looking for a sort of "catalog" of fonts.

If anyone could make, or have or knows where I can get Harry Potter themed or Destiny themed fonts, that would be pretty cool!

Dominix v4; Emerald/Obsidian v4 - Liberator v3; Fire Orange - Dark Apprentice v4; V. Amethyst - Apprentice v4; Arctic Blue - Catalyst; V. Amethyst Obsidian v4 - Prophecy v3; Consular Green - Dark Initiate v3; Sunrider's Destiny

ModalNodes
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

NOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 01:48:40 PM »

If you are fine with paying for fonts, and can convert them, saberfont.com is a perfect option. I've used them before, and they have a huge selection of awesome fonts.
FYI, the fonts are for Plecter and other soundboards, so you'll have to convert and maybe edit them. Also, the average price is about 6 or 7 US dollars.

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me." -Spock (Raiders of the Lost Ark, 2013)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 08:59:55 PM »

If you are fine with paying for fonts, and can convert them, saberfont.com is a perfect option. I've used them before, and they have a huge selection of awesome fonts.
FYI, the fonts are for Plecter and other soundboards, so you'll have to convert and maybe edit them. Also, the average price is about 6 or 7 US dollars.

I've converted a few Plecter fonts, with a little practice it's not too hard.  They're generally very high quality too, so it's nice to give you some other options.

I also recommend trying some of the Obsidian fonts on this forum, that members have made.  They're really quite incredible!  My personal favorite is the Protoss font, Hierarch.  I had that on my Dark Prophecy for a LONG time, and I foresee myself using it again in the future.

kamoosekazi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 12:38:43 AM »

What is involved in converting? I do quite a bit of video and sound/music editting, so odds are i have  the tools. Is it more than just converting to wav/lsu?
Ive been looking through saberfont.com and love a lot of whst theybhave to offer, but since they werent for obsidian i got disheartened, and came here hoping for an obsidian related site lol.

I have lightly gone through the first few pages of this forum, picked up a cool pikachu font, which is my favorite, along with the protoss one, which will go great when i get my emerald driver +  v4 together.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 01:25:56 AM »

Here you go.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11033.msg174293#msg174293

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 07:06:17 AM »

@Nero, Protoss? Never heard of this font, sounds interesting Tongue Ugh I wish I could get me another saber with sound again x.x Maybe for my birthday in October. But give some details on this font or maybe do a full video demo if you don't mind it Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

kamoosekazi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 09:12:27 AM »

Are all of the fonts on saberfont.com in .wav files? Can't obsidian boards read that? I know a few of the fonts I've picked from here are .wav
Or are they just different bit rates and such that need to be converted, aside from the .lsu files?
Oh- I just read through the whole thing... so... once I convert to the proper bit rate, could I just leave it as the .wav?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:19 PM »

Are all of the fonts on saberfont.com in .wav files? Can't obsidian boards read that? I know a few of the fonts I've picked from here are .wav
Or are they just different bit rates and such that need to be converted, aside from the .lsu files?
Oh- I just read through the whole thing... so... once I convert to the proper bit rate, could I just leave it as the .wav?

I'm not 100% sure, since I haven't gotten any of the latest Obsidian boards, but I convert them with the LSU converter.

@Nero, Protoss? Never heard of this font, sounds interesting Tongue Ugh I wish I could get me another saber with sound again x.x Maybe for my birthday in October. But give some details on this font or maybe do a full video demo if you don't mind it Tongue

Check this link out:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28640.0

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 10:14:14 AM »

On a related note, does anyone remember that huge Starcraft pack that used to be up on this board? Had like 4-5 distinct sets of sounds that you could mix 'n' match. I used to have it, but it got lost in the transition from my laptop to my desktop and I can't find it anymore.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Quasarlis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

Fear is the only darkness embrace the the Darkside

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 02:27:02 PM »

I have tried the Audacity method and it comes out awful!! ....

I have however had some great results using the stock Obsidian fonts .... Have a go with these and let me know what you think.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35955.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35829.0

X2 Guardians Obsidian V4, Emerald.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 07:04:03 PM »

I have tried the Audacity method and it comes out awful!! ....

I have however had some great results using the stock Obsidian fonts .... Have a go with these and let me know what you think.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35955.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35829.0

PM sent 👍

Draq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 07:09:41 PM »

I believe the Obsidian V4 can handle .WAV.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 07:19:13 PM »

I'm digging on the new sound font downloads you pointed to on this thread, Q.  I'll try them out this evening.  Thanks for sharing!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: