Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can you change the color on illuminated AV switch with Diamond  (Read 1979 times)
patrick.ricard
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 11, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »

Hello,
I am currently interested in buying a saber with the diamond board. I am confused about the illuminated AV  switch option. So can you change the color of the switch from the default option you choose when ordering he saber like how you can change the color of the blade whenever you want. I just don't want to be stuck with the color I choose when I order the saber since I'll be changing the blade color often! Like can you go into the software and change the switch color to whatever you want?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »

The illuminated AV switches are dedicated to the colors that you pick. If you choose a green AV switch it stays green. You can change the colors of your blade, but not the switch. The illuminated AV switch has a single led in the switch causing it to light up. You can't change the color in the switch. If you don't like having say a green switch when changing the blade to red I would just get a silver or black non illuminated switch.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 05:29:34 PM »

The illuminated AV switches are dedicated to the colors that you pick. If you choose a green AV switch it stays green. You can change the colors of your blade, but not the switch. The illuminated AV switch has a single led in the switch causing it to light up. You can't change the color in the switch. If you don't like having say a green switch when changing the blade to red I would just get a silver or black non illuminated switch.

You only get one switch color, but you can change when it's on or off and how it behaves.

The other option is to set that accent channel to turn off on other sounds/color profiles so that if you aren't using a green blade, your green switch doesn't light up. Or only have it light up for power on/power off or only of FOC.

This way you can have your switch set up just for any blade colors your switch color will work with or compliment, and off for anything it would clash with.

Felinus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 03:27:54 PM »

You can also go with a more neutral color. I picked white. I figured worst-case I could add a small sticky color gel over the switch if I really wanted... but I haven't been motivated to do that. The white has been fine.

I'd also considered yellow, as that goes well with a wide range of other colors.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 04:04:54 PM »

This is going to sound strange, but in the beginning I was real stuck on if it's a red saber and I want an illuminated switch it has to be red too. Now I like having different colored switches with blade colors that don't match. Especially after you have had several sabers.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 11:48:33 PM »

I believe you can get RGB AV switches. You don't get to choose the color, but it fades from one color to another over time, probably good for a color-changing saber. Also, you'll have to install it yourself. Personally, I opted for non-illuminated switches on all my color-changing sabers.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: