Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Idea for a plot twist but how do I use it in the right way?  (Read 1166 times)
SaberFan22
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« on: June 11, 2017, 11:14:59 PM »

Without going into specifics, I've had an idea for a short film whereby the whole thing will be shot in black and white, and then in the final seconds it will switch to colour, and the same shot in a new context will provide a plot twist (I should state, the fact that it switches to B&W to colour isn't the plot twist, the plot twist is everything we've seen up until this point has a whole new meaning when we see it in colour).

Problem is, I'm not sure how to make the plot twist deepen the experience rather than cheapen it. At the moment it seems a bit gimmicky but it was simply a cool idea I had, but I can't seem to figure out how to utilise it to actually make the film better or give it MORE meaning, as if anything the new context is less profound than the original, but I just like the idea of the B&W to colour twist as I'm not sure if it's been done too often before.

Sorry I can't go into specific details but from the information given does anyone have any advice on how to write a plot twist so that it makes the story better?

Shock LE in Violet Amethyst
Dark War Glaive in Pyrestone Orange

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 06:08:20 AM »

Without going into specifics, I've had an idea for a short film whereby the whole thing will be shot in black and white, and then in the final seconds it will switch to colour, and the same shot in a new context will provide a plot twist (I should state, the fact that it switches to B&W to colour isn't the plot twist, the plot twist is everything we've seen up until this point has a whole new meaning when we see it in colour).

Problem is, I'm not sure how to make the plot twist deepen the experience rather than cheapen it. At the moment it seems a bit gimmicky but it was simply a cool idea I had, but I can't seem to figure out how to utilise it to actually make the film better or give it MORE meaning, as if anything the new context is less profound than the original, but I just like the idea of the B&W to colour twist as I'm not sure if it's been done too often before.

Sorry I can't go into specific details but from the information given does anyone have any advice on how to write a plot twist so that it makes the story better?

Kinda hard without specifics, and I know the value of protecting your work, as I write myself. It's just one of those things you're going to have to trust your gut with, and go. Not much else I can really help you with though, as far as lack of thorough info. So good luck to you

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »

As Majobu said, without specifics its hard to give advice.  But, if you can't find a place for it in the current plot...file it away for later.  Many writers and film makers have done this....a line from Pulp Fiction gives us Kill Bill for example.  I had an idea for a cool scene but couldn't fit it into the story I was currently writing so I would up creating a whole story branching from that one scene.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: