Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about Diamond sabers led's  (Read 2189 times)
turlisk
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 12, 2017, 01:05:24 AM »

Does anyone know if its 3 tri color leds in the single bladed diamonds?   I am wondering the brightness compared to the tri color leds.

Thanks!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:36:01 PM »

A TRI is made of 3 LEDs, and is not adjusted with a controller.

A Diamond controller comes with an RGBA or RGBW, which is 4 LEDs, each of a different color. The controller allows custom adjustable color mixes.

The TRIs are usually one color, but give a fuller blade. I think they started doing a TRI sunrider(blue/blue/green mix). If you build your own, you can make your own TRI mix. TRIs are not single LEDs. I don't know of anything being made of 3 TRIs.

If you use a Diamond controller, you can set each of the 4 LEDs to the level you'd like. The blue setting will not be as bright as a TRI blue(three regular blue LEDs arranged together). But, you could mix blue and red to the exact purple shade you want and a flash of red and amber you want, for example.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

turlisk
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 10:48:51 PM »

Yeah i was just curious, because my flamberg came with 3, 4 color led's.  So I was wondering if they used that for the normal diamond.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 12:09:40 AM »

So, are all 3 blades custom colors? That's cool. I was under the impression that the side blades were one color, while the main blade was customizable with the emerald or diamond boards.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 02:53:49 AM »

So, are all 3 blades custom colors? That's cool. I was under the impression that the side blades were one color, while the main blade was customizable with the emerald or diamond boards.

US does non tri color mixing with RGBW/A LEDs. A green with white FOC will be an RGBW

turlisk
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 01:39:40 PM »

Yeah the sides always match the main color, which is very nice, but the center just seems very dim.  Alot of people say its the length, but I dont have that issue with my emerald crossguard.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »

Yeah the sides always match the main color, which is very nice, but the center just seems very dim.  Alot of people say its the length, but I dont have that issue with my emerald crossguard.

I just saw a similar concern (about blade brightness) on a facebook group. I was surprised to see that the sides match the main blade, which is a huge step up for US's crossguards. Can you post a video of it changing? I can't believe that it works like that now  Grin

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 06:32:07 PM »

This means that they solved the space issue...wich was one of the main reasons why the Emerald setup only had the main blade changing its colour and the side blades stayed one colour. Sounds awesome!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: