Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My First Review: The Mantis CE  (Read 1649 times)
Thunderleppard
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

Ride the Tiger and become clean from lies!

« on: June 13, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »

Hello all force users of the Light, Dark, Grey and or Bounty Hunters and good day. I Thunderleppard will be doing my first review of a saber, and actually it is my first saber i have bought from Ultrasabers and from the title of this topic you can already figure what it is, so lets jump into it.

First Impressions:

Well they are quite amazing, the Mantis CE has a perfect blend of raw intimidation with sleek elegance, much like the Character this saber is based off
of the great Count Dooku.  All aspects that come standard with Mantis is just excellent and sturdy, such as the spiked pommel and rived body they give a menacing look to strike fear into the hearts of even the bravest force users while the shrouds that cover the hilt and the windowed emiter  gives it a beautiful appearance that can even leave the most diabolical sith at awe. The icing on the cake for me is the the curved neck that makes this saber awesome to the max.

Igniting:

The moment i push the AV switch, i felt the balance of the force started to come. The sound of the saber igniting with contrass of the blade engulfing in a Violet blaze and the switch becoming blue everything scream out perfection. The V4 Obsidian Soundboard sounds awesome with every swing it never skips a beat and consciously hums. The beautiful Violet Amethyst LED in the Ultraedge blade looks great in person, even better in photos or video. Even with a slight hit on the blade, the flash on clash for Aegean Silver looks amazin with lock-up mode what else can i say i cannot wait to start dueling with friends.

Combat:

As of now i haven't fully test it out with saber vs saber however with my style of sword fight, oddly enough is fencing simailr to Makashi i would say the Mantis CE is great for it. Even the the Heavy Grade blade i did not seem to miss a beat with my technique and kept my form through the basic foot work and parries.

Minor Problems:

Well the main issue i have with the Mantis over all is how tight the speaker/battery setup is in the body. Even with the 1/4 turn to loosen up the body, i found myself so far have to use the cloth over hard surface technique to get the speaker out, which can be a pain if you need to get the batteries out quick, however the plus with this is that set up is secured and don't really have to worry so much about it moving on you or even risk it smacking againt the pomel all the time. The other two minor problems i have are, when unscrewing the pommel sometimes it will come off perfectly with out the 1/4 turn losing on the body and sometimes only the spike part comes off as demonstrated by Master Emory for the Mantis reveal, which is odd but its not like the end of the world type thing. The other is I wish i could buy the Claw Emitter for the mantis off the Parts section only cause right now i did not have the funds to get both emiters since i decided to get both the Midgrad and Heavy grad blades for my Mantis. So it would be cool to see that i can buy the Claw emiter in future so i have both the normal and clawed versions so i can have opitons and spice it up every now and then.

Overall:

Fantastic desgin, great sound, beautiful colour, good weight and all around if perfection had a image this would be it! 10/10

I Thunderleppard have this to say. Between the velvet lies there's always a truth that is hard as steel but the vision never dies for life is a never ending wheel! So stand up, hold on to your hilt, ignite your blade and the dive into the force as it's with us all. Always!!!

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:35:51 PM »

The Mantis CE is one of the nicest US hilts I've had in my hands to date and I'm really sad I bought it for someone else instead of for me. I didn't find the same problems you did though, but I did have the same warm feelings upon looking at it, igniting it and wielding it. Coincidentally the one I bought was also violet, and the purple against the silver was a glorious combination. I wholeheartedly agree with 10/10. The Mantis CE is a wonderful saber. Point coming at you for your review and if you get the chance, I know everyone on here would love to see some pictures. The first one is the gateway drug by the way. Welcome to your addiction Wink

Thunderleppard
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 01:15:06 AM »

The Mantis CE is one of the nicest US hilts I've had in my hands to date and I'm really sad I bought it for someone else instead of for me. I didn't find the same problems you did though, but I did have the same warm feelings upon looking at it, igniting it and wielding it. Coincidentally the one I bought was also violet, and the purple against the silver was a glorious combination. I wholeheartedly agree with 10/10. The Mantis CE is a wonderful saber. Point coming at you for your review and if you get the chance, I know everyone on here would love to see some pictures. The first one is the gateway drug by the way. Welcome to your addiction Wink

Haha thank you. Yea the problem i have with it its very minor it does not hinder or deter the saber in anyway. And speaking of getting people hooked on these sabers, I plan to get my friend "The Raven" for his birthday with, SS Pommel and Claws and Blazing Red colour since he is a dark side user. Not only to get him addicted but to have a sparing partner for Makashi training.

I Thunderleppard have this to say. Between the velvet lies there's always a truth that is hard as steel but the vision never dies for life is a never ending wheel! So stand up, hold on to your hilt, ignite your blade and the dive into the force as it's with us all. Always!!!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 02:39:01 AM »

Thanks for the review and congratulations. It is a unique looking saber in the entire saber industry, nothing looks anything near it.

The Mantis is one of my top three favorite US. It's so cool looking. So much as that I have two  Grin

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 03:01:29 AM »

I also have this one as well!  Mine is in BR with AS FOC with claws (Evil Grin)!  This saber is wonderful and handles great with one hand for Makashi.  It has beautiful curves and I love the shine this thing has and the pommel is simply the best.  I went ahead and got a recharge port on mine, this was the first saber I had this put on.  I find this saber to be very intimidating and dominating compared to the others....True Sith at its best!!  Congrats on your purchase!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Thunderleppard
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 07:50:03 AM »

I also have this one as well!  Mine is in BR with AS FOC with claws (Evil Grin)!  This saber is wonderful and handles great with one hand for Makashi.  It has beautiful curves and I love the shine this thing has and the pommel is simply the best.  I went ahead and got a recharge port on mine, this was the first saber I had this put on.  I find this saber to be very intimidating and dominating compared to the others....True Sith at its best!!  Congrats on your purchase!

Thank you! I agree it is quite menacing but also really beautiful. So much so i would think that even some ligthside users would be proud of this saber. So hence my Violet blade to complete the balance of the light and dark.  But it is a shame that a few new coming siths who are friends of mine think the curved hilt is odd and ugly... Such a pity and well that arogance will be their downfall since they need to wait 2 months for their saber. So my knowlage of fighting and know my hilt will give me a bit of an edge and make the young sith's fall in order. Hahaha!

Thunderleppard
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 07:54:29 AM »

Thanks for the review and congratulations. It is a unique looking saber in the entire saber industry, nothing looks anything near it.

The Mantis is one of my top three favorite US. It's so cool looking. So much as that I have two  Grin

Ohohoh! 2 Eh must be a really great saber. Further cementing how good of a purchase i made. Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: