Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: power, hum, clash volumes not matching...  (Read 1470 times)
Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« on: June 21, 2017, 02:46:59 AM »

I'm having a problem getting volume levels to match! I'll use the sounds wizard to instal a font, for instance, let's just say ninja jesus' luke font. I make sure all levels are at 100% and demoing them in the launcher they sound good, but when I write to board and then disconnect I will experience issues with the power on being really quiet, so when the hum loop begins there is a large jump in volume making the two parts not seamless at all. its pretty bothersome.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 02:17:27 PM »

It might just be that font, and not your soundboard ... I think I remember NJ's Luke soundfont doing that, but it hasn't ever bothered me.

Do you have Obs V3 or V4?  The next best thing is to install or try a different font and if other ones work fine then it's likely just that Luke one that does the volume jump.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »

I'm having a problem getting volume levels to match! I'll use the sounds wizard to instal a font, for instance, let's just say ninja jesus' luke font. I make sure all levels are at 100% and demoing them in the launcher they sound good, but when I write to board and then disconnect I will experience issues with the power on being really quiet, so when the hum loop begins there is a large jump in volume making the two parts not seamless at all. its pretty bothersome.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated.

NJ's font bothers me for that volume reason. I dropped one of the effects in volume to match the other, but you could boost one thats giving you issue. I suppose it's better than buying the font that NJ used to make the free font  Wink (not sure how many people know it's the same font... Sad )

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:30:24 PM »

It might just be that font, and not your soundboard ... I think I remember NJ's Luke soundfont doing that, but it hasn't ever bothered me.

Do you have Obs V3 or V4?  The next best thing is to install or try a different font and if other ones work fine then it's likely just that Luke one that does the volume jump.

It's the V4 soundboard. I've noticed volume level issues with several fonts. I guess I could overlook them. I just downloaded Audacity and I'm doing a couple tutorials. Going to try and fix the problems myself. I guess I could always drop the hum in volume so it matches better, but I'd rather boost the ignition.... I think.... Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: