Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Armor cosplay MkII  (Read 55457 times)
Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2017, 03:01:05 AM »

Thanks, Star Killer. I'll likely tuck the badge into my undertunic for pictures.
Counting the Mk1, this is my second cosplay armor.
I build models as a hobby, which helps with some of the crafting (as well as a reason to have many of the needed tools)

Star Killer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »

Thanks, Star Killer. I'll likely tuck the badge into my undertunic for pictures.
I build models as a hobby, which helps with some of the crafting (as well as a reason to have many of the needed tools)

In that case very well done!

I do have a logistical question however, maybe you figured it out, or some other SW cosplayers; batteries for the saber. Currently I'm using a pouch from my old webbing from my time in the armed forces that they didnt want back when I left on a belt so I can move it out of the way for photos to hold batteries in plastic containers (fully charged) when empty I just put them put them back "naked". It also holds a small card holder for the hotel room, debit card, hex key set and phone. Kinda important for long cons where the bateries kinda give out on you a few times during the day. Anyone have any practical solutions?

Proud servant of Lord Vader,
Lightsabers owned:
Apprentice LE V4 Red (Donated to poor kids)
Bellicose Obsidian Soundboard Red
Bellicose Stunt Red
Raven  Obsidian Soundboard RGB
Sentinel V4 Blue (Donated to poor kids)
Guardian Obsidian Blue

Want: Lost Grey and Fulcrum set

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »

Correllian Imports used to have badge pouches you could loop to a belt, so that you didn't have that idiot lanyard messing up the vibe of your cosplay.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2017, 03:57:59 AM »

Not too worried about the badge, honestly.
Still working out the battery logistics, but I do have a pouch for the belt that could hold at least one spare set.
Not planning on having the saber lit all day

Star Killer
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »

It's not going to be lit all day, but the on/off for photos most of the day will kill your bateries, then when more SW cosplayers stream in you'll be stuck doing photos for a while (I enjoy it personally because kids seem to enjoy wanting photos taken with Sith/Jedi because lightsabers are awesome especially from US)

Here's a pouch that is very similar to the one I use,
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004Z12YX6
 holds enough batteries in pill containers from the pharmacy (4 batteries per box, 4 boxes in the pouch) plus your cell phone, plus a hex key set, the front flap holds hotel key and cash no problem. I didn't quite go through all my batteries but it was a close call on Saturday; 10am-11 pm.

Lightsabers owned:
Bellicose Stunt Red
Guardian Obsidian Blue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2017, 12:58:55 PM »

Not too worried about the badge, honestly.
Still working out the battery logistics, but I do have a pouch for the belt that could hold at least one spare set.
Not planning on having the saber lit all day
I recommend the Mute, if you have V4 sound, and only lighting up for photo-ops. I made a full charge last all day. Do you have any pockets? Or......maybe you could work in a small compartment on the inside of your bracers, just to the rear.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2017, 02:56:16 AM »

I recommend the Mute, if you have V4 sound, and only lighting up for photo-ops. I made a full charge last all day. Do you have any pockets? Or......maybe you could work in a small compartment on the inside of your bracers, just to the rear.
Running V4 sound, but I do have the ability to carry spare batteries.
Also only planning on lighting it for photos

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »

Running V4 sound, but I do have the ability to carry spare batteries.
Also only planning on lighting it for photos
Depending on how popular you are, you should be able to go all day with just lights. When I went to Pop-con, I was there for almost 9hrs, with no problems.

Sig by For Tyeth

Star Killer
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2017, 10:00:27 PM »

There's a mute?

-edit-

Googled it, sound font switch very neat work around!

Lightsabers owned:
Bellicose Stunt Red
Guardian Obsidian Blue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »

There's a mute?

-edit-

Googled it, sound font switch very neat work around!
The default settings of the V4 sound board have 7 sound fonts and one empty slot that mutes the saber. Sound drains the batts pretty fast. Half hour of continuous use (at least with a BR MLS) Varying colors might require more power and offer less operating time.

Sig by For Tyeth

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2017, 02:30:38 AM »

Took the kit to Salt Lake Comic Con today, had fun with it, but also found a couple of bugs that need to be worked out of it for the next run.
Next run will likely be at Fan-X next year.
Got a couple of pics of me with some folks who share a love for Star Wars

What there is of my con album can be found here:
http://s432.photobucket.com/user/quaralane/slideshow/2017%20Salt%20Lake%20Comic-con

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »

Looking good Therion Jinn! Just out of curiosity, what bugs did you find with the armor? Enquiring minds want to know for future reference. (I might be attempting bracers in the near future...)

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2017, 06:01:49 PM »

Looking good Therion Jinn! Just out of curiosity, what bugs did you find with the armor? Enquiring minds want to know for future reference. (I might be attempting bracers in the near future...)
Thanks, Lady Agana
My bracers were about an inch too long. Actually had to take them off so I could eat lunch.
Also, the leg pieces kept rolling around my legs as I'd walk, so I'll likely be going with actual boots for the revision

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »

Good to know. I'll make sure to keep wrist mobility in mind when making mine.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »

This armor looks awesome Wink

Point!!!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: