Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Adding sound later  (Read 680 times)
brad81380
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« on: June 25, 2017, 10:40:53 PM »

I am looking to add sound to one of my sabers down the road, after I get a good feel for which one's I will like best.  Would this be doable, and if so, would there be anything I need to do in the initial order to leave that option open, aside from purchasing a V3 or V4(my first saber will be a V3 so this isn't an issue)?  Would I be better off just buying a new saber at that time?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 11:52:26 PM »

Depending on the hilt and all the different variables, it may he cheaper to buy a new hilt with sound down the road. Do the math.

You'll need a pommel that has vents to let the sound out. Will your current saber have that?
You may need to upgrade/downgrade the electronics. Are you buying it spec'd out to accommodate the sound version you want?
You'll have to pay for shipping both ways. How much is that?
You'll need to buy the sound board and speaker. How much is that?
You'll have to pay for the labor. It's usually at least $50 any time they touch the saber. It might be more.

It's definitely doable, but some have found it's just cheaper and easier to get a brand new hilt, if that hilt is on the lower end of the price spectrum.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

brad81380
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:11:33 AM »

Depending on the hilt and all the different variables, it may he cheaper to buy a new hilt with sound down the road. Do the math.

You'll need a pommel that has vents to let the sound out. Will your current saber have that?
You may need to upgrade/downgrade the electronics. Are you buying it spec'd out to accommodate the sound version you want?
You'll have to pay for shipping both ways. How much is that?
You'll need to buy the sound board and speaker. How much is that?
You'll have to pay for the labor. It's usually at least $50 any time they touch the saber. It might be more.

It's definitely doable, but some have found it's just cheaper and easier to get a brand new hilt, if that hilt is on the lower end of the price spectrum.

I was already planning to swap out the pommel, so that wasn't a big deal.  I am starting with stunt sabers until I figure out exactly what I like.  Since I am probably buying PO for my first saber, it may be better to use a buckpuck setup for that anyway, to regulate the color more.  Right now, I don't have a definite timeline, but do need my first saber in hand by September, so I am just thinking about down the road for now.

Mace Windu is best Windu
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 12:55:21 AM »

Don't forget upgrading to a momentary switch

"In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest, Chancellor."

Ultrasabers I own (in order I got them)
Bane, BR , V4 sound
Liberator, GB, Stunt
Electrum Wind, Emerald, V4 sound
Dark Apprentice V4, GB, Stunt <-- Raffle Prize

All points are appreciated

brad81380
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 02:42:26 AM »

Don't forget upgrading to a momentary switch

I had already figured that out, but I am going to just start with a grab bag and go from there.  Will decide on sound later, but this has been helpful.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: