Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Fails  (Read 3085 times)
Thunderleppard
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

Ride the Tiger and become clean from lies!

« on: June 26, 2017, 07:06:16 AM »

Hello there all force users. Now of course its always been a dream for every single one of us after seen star wars to buy our very own lightsaber and just act out all the wicked moves and saber attacks depetic. Ultrasabers has greatly made this dream come true for us all, but buying the saber is only half the battle practicing and learning combat maneuvers is the next step. Of course it is quite hard to do this with out fail and well lets say we make some pretty funny fails.

So... lets talk about our fails when practicing saber fighting or if in a duel and something funny happend. Lets hear your stories and have a few laughs.

I Thunderleppard have this to say. Between the velvet lies there's always a truth that is hard as steel but the vision never dies for life is a never ending wheel! So stand up, hold on to your hilt, ignite your blade and the dive into the force as it's with us all. Always!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 08:57:27 PM »

I think one of the best ones I've seen personally is when Master Artorius got his very first lightsaber (way back when), the original PVC Omen.  We had both gotten PVC hilts from Ultrasabers, and were SO EXCITED that we ran outside to play with them.  As soon as he started spinning his, his pommel came off, and was shortly followed by his battery pack.  Suddenly, everything was dark, and I heard him curse rather loudly haha (with good reason).

Long story short, we got it fixed rather easily, but it was definitely a buzzkill at the time.  Major fail.

obliviondoll
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »

Not a duel, but first time I tried spinning my Dominix, I had just put down some plastic toy sabers I've owned for a while, and I tried a spin which works just fine if the saber weighs basically nothing, but... well, aluminium actually has some weight behind it. I'm about 90% sure the battery pack alone is heavier than the toys I'd been using previously.

I was lucky enough to have accidentally flung it upward, and I managed to run it down and catch it, but it was still pretty funny. Learned very quickly that it handles a lot more like my bokken than the toy sabers I'm used to.

V^^^V
It's not about rage, it's about *emotion*. Happiness is the Dark side, and I will face you with a smile.

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:36:12 PM »

I was in a pretty epic duel with my friend and this was towards the end of the day and my blade have become a little loose. I use a dark standard with 1 yari I was baiting him into attack as I was preparing the motion you would use with a big unsheathing of your sword and swing which has quite a lot of Leverage to it with that big of a saber so I swing to hit in he half blocks have gems out of the way and my blade goes flying out into the wall behind us

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

check out my lightsaber dueling group, the scions of the balance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvTovNQK2fuAfSE6J46K0rg

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 03:46:53 PM »

I tried spinning once and I had forgotten that I hadn't tightened the retention screw that holds my blade in.  Embarrassed Fortunately, the flying blade didn't break anything.

Ander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 56

SErvizio, CUra, RIspetto

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 07:19:30 AM »

This happened once when sparring XD
(me in red, the other Instructor in green)

Andrea Ungaro | Ander
LudoSport form I, II, III instructor

Dean - LudoSport Alpha - Ordine delle Onde
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lscagenova/

Why you should not learn fighting on Youtube: https://goo.gl/mhh9Ns

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 10:13:48 AM »

man I've been there before a few times actually

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 07:40:18 PM »

Ok, so the first time I ever staffed a pair of sabers, I went to a friends house to show him and also took my brand new Shock LE. During the duel, the bolt of my adjustable coupler worked loose and ended stuck to the speaker magnet. So I powered that saber down and continued with the other. I ended up catching the tip of his blade with the hard edge of the coupler half not acting as a pommel, and ripped the blade tip off of the Shock. And by "ripped off" I actually mean it cracked the tube. Wish the duel had been epic enough to merit such damage. Angry Cry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Mace Windu is best Windu
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 06:25:13 PM »

One time when sparring with my friend by a street (Night time no cars almost) he disarmed me and my saber landed in the street, before I could get it this little car comes and almost runs over my hilt, thankfully he just my crushed my blade.

"In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest, Chancellor."

Ultrasabers I own (in order I got them)
Bane, BR , V4 sound
Liberator, GB, Stunt
Electrum Wind, Emerald, V4 sound
Dark Apprentice V4, GB, Stunt <-- Raffle Prize

All points are appreciated

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 01:31:28 AM »

One time when sparring with my friend by a street (Night time no cars almost) he disarmed me and my saber landed in the street, before I could get it this little car comes and almost runs over my hilt, thankfully he just my crushed my blade.

Man that's still pretty brutal. Did your saber turn off? And what color was it maybe he was Imperial

Mace Windu is best Windu
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 05:52:15 PM »

Man that's still pretty brutal. Did your saber turn off? And what color was it maybe he was Imperial

It was my liberator, I don't use it much, it's the only one without the lithium ion setup so I don't use it often and forgot to strap the batteries in so they came loose when it fell.

"In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest, Chancellor."

Ultrasabers I own (in order I got them)
Bane, BR , V4 sound
Liberator, GB, Stunt
Electrum Wind, Emerald, V4 sound
Dark Apprentice V4, GB, Stunt <-- Raffle Prize

All points are appreciated

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 05:40:06 PM »

Yet another reason Rule #1 for playing with my sabers is "No playing on pavement."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: