Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Piecing out my Reaper (A mod for the Art Deco fan)  (Read 3048 times)
Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« on: June 28, 2017, 06:57:01 AM »

Hey all! Thought maybe you might enjoy this little Reaper mod.

A acquaintance saw that I had pieces left over and wanted the Reaper. My Reapers switch section had been mangled to use a switchbox but that was not for sale. Long story short; I suggested replacing the section with a small extension piece and just using the body which she liked most for the hilt.

This is what we ended up with. A stunt in blue (Cree xpe2) with a 18650@3400, chassis with pommel side recharge port.

Because she wanted a one handed hilt we used a emitter from TCSS. A piece left over from my Flamberge experiment and the Menace pommel. (gotta catch you up with the Menacing Menace btw for anyone that cares lol)

Now we did not intend to use the shroud piece so we lined up the emitter without it. With it on its not that far off center so its good enough to be worn. Adds a bit too much weight for what we made this thing for though, which is fighting.

Thanks for stopping by.

The Wolfpack Lives!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »

I so enjoy seeing these short compact Yoda like sabers.  These Reaper parts have never been put to such good use.  The Flam. side emitter is genius.  May have to consider getting an empty saber.   These TCSS extension pieces are really the missing link for a lot of MHS possibilities.  I love your custom surprises but must remember to have my drooling hankie close by.

point  Cool Cheesy

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »

That left over lower body Reaper section looks familiar. When you said "I wasn't the only one that likes the body piece I can't use " I didn't realize you were referring to yourself.😊 I did the same thing with mine, sort of. I'll post it when I'm done. Maybe I'll save it for the saber challenge they got going on. Anyhow nice looking little saber, great work.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Calculon
Knight Commander

We Will Win!

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »

Thank you D7! Your support over that last year + has been awesome. You've always had the greatest attitude and never been one to slam people for unbridled enthusiasm. You make me want to log in more often just to give you points.

Jediseth, you beat me to a crystal chamber! I always wanted one for a lightstring blade but now with neopixels... it may be around the corner. Very impressed with your execution and can't wait to see what else you can come up with.

The Wolfpack Lives!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 08:24:33 PM »

Thank you D7! Your support over that last year + has been awesome. You've always had the greatest attitude and never been one to slam people for unbridled enthusiasm. You make me want to log in more often just to give you points.

Coming from you this is a huge heartfelt compliment.  Supporting you and your awesome skills in both saber and combat is so easy and a delightful action on my part.  You are a positive influence on the Forum and very helpful towards members... and are missed when not active.  Thanks.  Cheesy

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 09:25:29 PM »

It is based on a Reaper. Very nice!

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 11:21:14 AM »

This is some fine work Calculon!

I have a Reaper on the way for a build out of the same section at the moment. Well on order anyway. I got the idea when I saw Jediseth's leftover bit. Gotta order some extra parts myself and then get after it  Grin

Points, of course!

nathanielreykun
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 06:34:36 PM »

That looks great! It's funny how such a huge hilt like the Reaper can be slimmed down to something so small! (I often do this with my wife's Reaper, TCSS emitter, and Archon pommel)
Have a point!

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 04:20:11 AM »

That's a sweet little saber there.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 12:16:23 PM »

It's exciting to see creativity with the Reaper - such a cool looking design and template ... nice one Calculon.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 02:17:16 PM »

Lovely!

Point

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Calculon
Knight Commander

We Will Win!

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 01:31:49 AM »

Thank you all for having a look and for the points!

The Wolfpack Lives!

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 04:27:41 AM »

very nice work here, I've done something similar to simplify my reaper but its not nearly this streamlined

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 04:34:14 PM »

Very nice. A bit too short for me though Tongue Looks to be about the length of a Monarch though so shouldn't be too too bad. Was wondering, do TCSS pieces still kind of have that gap with US's pieces, like the emitter? Its a slight small gap barely noticeable though unless you feel around the saber. I kinda wanna put together a Reaper custom saber now Tongue Might use the Dark Arbiter emitter from here though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Calculon
Knight Commander

We Will Win!

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 03:46:11 AM »

Thank you JMH and Zren!

Zren, the gap I imagine youre speaking of is the differance in width? If thats the case, yes; the outer diameters are different in most cases. If you mean a space between adjoining parts; I have not noticed that or recall such an issue.

The Wolfpack Lives!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: